cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgnichols
Level 3

Cannot Import Merge Module

I am working on a suite installer which imports 3 merge modules. I have just taken over this work from someone who is no longer at my company. At this point my knowledge of IA is tenuous at best.

Here is the problem - 2 of the (dynamic) MMs import with no problem, but one of them fails to import and gives the error message shown in the attached file (IAScript.loadScript() failed).

I have no idea what changed in the merge module to cause this error, but I can be pretty sure that it's a problem with the MM (not the suite installer) since I tried creating a new IA project that does nothing but import the problematic MM, and the import still failed in this blank slate environment.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: I noticed the error message dialog displays twice. You click Ok once, then the box reappears. No idea what this means.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
manjunath317
Level 3

I am also getting the same kind of error. The error occuring only when we build the installer from Linux mahcine. But, in Windows it is able to build the installer successfully. Can anyone help why this is happening. The error log as given below.

[exec] [buildinstaller] BuildTimeMergeModule.doMerge()- merging merge module
[exec] [buildinstaller] BuildInstaller: Asked to load /u01/apollo/apollo/101013_310.1_v147/THIAS-IA/lib/thc/ContentInstaller1.iam.zip
[exec] [buildinstaller] BuildTimeMergeModule.removeOldActions()- deleting old merge resources at /u01/apollo/apollo/101013_310.1_v147/THIAS-IA/InstallAnywhere/IntranetInstaller/mergeResources/ContentInstaller1_1286953284719
[exec] [buildinstaller] Setting merge path to: /u01/apollo/apollo/101013_310.1_v147/THIAS-IA/InstallAnywhere/IntranetInstaller/mergeResources/ContentInstaller1_1286953284719
[exec] [buildinstaller] BuildTimeMergeServices.merge(File)- acquired 0 pre-install actions from the merge module
[exec] [buildinstaller] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
[exec] [buildinstaller] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(Unknown Source)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at ZeroGlm.(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.Subinstaller.f(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at ZeroGlg.q(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.BuildTimeMergeModule.o(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at ZeroGlk.b(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at ZeroGlk.a(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at ZeroGlg.a(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at ZeroGlg.c(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at InstallAnywhere.a(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at InstallAnywhere.main(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] BuildInstaller: error loading project file:
[exec] [buildinstaller] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at ZeroGlm.(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.Subinstaller.f(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.Subinstaller.g(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at com.zerog.ia.designer.util.DesignerUtil.b(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at com.zerog.ia.designer.util.DesignerUtil.maybeAlertContainOldMM(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at ZeroGlg.c(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at InstallAnywhere.a(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at InstallAnywhere.main(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)
[exec] [buildinstaller] InstallAnywhere was unable to load this project file. If you continue to have problems loading this project, please contact InstallAnywhere Technical Support and report the following error:

[exec] [buildinstaller] IAScript.loadScript() failed:

[exec] [buildinstaller] You may be asked to attach this project file to an email.

[exec] [buildinstaller] ============================================================

[exec] [buildinstaller] The project /u01/apollo/apollo/101013_310.1_v147/THIAS-IA/InstallAnywhere/IntranetInstaller/IntranetInstaller.iap_xml could not be loaded.
[exec] [buildinstaller] Terminating build.

[exec] [buildinstaller] ============================================================

[exec] [buildinstaller] Usage: InstallAnywhere [ flags ] [ file | [ options ] ]

[exec] [buildinstaller] Description:

[exec] [buildinstaller] Result: 100
0 Kudos