cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaojxxx
Level 2

$CHOSEN_FEATURE_LIST$ variable does not affect uninstall features

Hello everyone,

I am writing a custom java action to add required features if a user has chosen specific features but not others which are required. Since it does not seem like there is an easy way to modify checkmarks when selecting features (since InstallAnywhere 2009 is lacking in this aspect), I will add on to the $CHOSEN_FEATURE_LIST$ variable with required shortname features. This is fine when I install, (although if I go back to selection panel those features remain unchecked), and the features install correctly. However, when I do an uninstall, those added features I have added to CHOSEN_FEATURE_LIST do not appear, they cannot be checked off (although they are uninstalled if you choose Complete Uninstall). What variable do I need to modify if I want these entries to appear checked off? Or could I get a way to modify checkmarks on the choose install features panel?

Thanks,
Jeff
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
ujavaid
Level 3

Hi,

Did you find any solution for this, I am also working on the same requirement, as if user do not select a required feature, the setup should add it to the $CHOSEN_FEATURE_LIST$ and $CHOSEN_INSTALL_FEATURE_LIST$ along with other IA variables.

Thanks.
0 Kudos