cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markben
Level 2

Bundled VM ignored in IA 4.5.2

Hello, I am using IA 4.5.2 and bundling a VM (Java 1.4.2_12). "With VM" is the only option selected under Windows on the IA Build Screen. When it installs it does not seem to use the VM I bundled - it uses the system's Java implementation - which I do not want. If the system does not have a Java impl.
then a 'JVM not located error' is thrown.

Is there something extra I can do to force the program to run the bundled VM?
Thanks in advance
-Mark
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Wow, this is an ancient IA version, more than 6 and a half years old! I didn't have the 4.5.2 setup at hand, only the 4.5.3, but I guess the differences between those two are really minor (bugfix only level). So, when you open your project in the Advanced Designer, in the Project/Info section, in the lower part you've got a part called Bundled Virtual Machine: in order to always install the bundled virtual machine just choose the Always option.

P.S. I really think you should upgrade, especially as Java 1.4 has also reached its EOSL (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html)
0 Kudos
markben
Level 2

Thanks Vlad - I know - upgrade is imminent! So when 'Always' is selected in the Project > Info area - will it install the bundled VM on top of any other VM currently on the client system?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, in the IA philosophy VMs are private, to be used only by the installed application, so usually it'll be installed in a jre subfolder of the user installation folder (so it won't touch any system settings for any existing VM, but by the means of the .lax file(s) created, IA will insure that the VM you bundle and install will the one used... again, only by the installed application).
0 Kudos