cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Loiseau
Level 4

Bundled JVM

Hello,

In case of a Ms-Windows installation kit, I need to bundle a JRE along with the kit.

It works fine, but,
while installing the JRE, Java makes an attempt to look for updates on the Internet.

As a result, the firewall catches the attempt and shows the window to allow/deny outgoing access.

This firewall window makes the installation procedure a bit messy.
Does anybody knows how to change the JVM to be bundled to as it will not attempt to connect the Internet ?

Thank you & kind regards

Loiseau
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pavan_kumar_ds
Level 5

Hello

U can build with VM option so that it wont connect to the internet! Set option use bundled VM!Guess u are building with out VM as it tries to connect to internet! Lemme know if this helps you!
0 Kudos
Loiseau
Level 4

pavan kumar ds wrote:
Hello

U can build with VM option so that it wont connect to the internet! Set option use bundled VM!Guess u are building with out VM as it tries to connect to internet! Lemme know if this helps you!

Hi Pavan,

I understand your suggestion is to build without a bundled VM.
Unfortunately I need a VM to be bundled along with my kit.

What I looking for is:
- either a version of javaw.exe which doesn't try to access the internet
- or some settings (registry or something else) which tells java not to check for updates.

Thank you and kind regards
Loiseau
0 Kudos
pavan_kumar_ds
Level 5

Hello pal,
U can download VM which is found in the installanywhere website and add it in this path"C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 2012\resource\installer_vms",so that u can bundle the VM and build your project.
0 Kudos
Beatrice
Level 2

Hi,
Have you found a solution ?
I have the same problem (using IAW 2014) and I am interested in any fixing solution.
Regards,
0 Kudos
donpaul
Level 3

Hii,

You can find the solution to your issue over here for not valid bencoding. They have provided a detailed solution to that exact problem. Do have a look and let me know if you still face any issues.

Regards.
0 Kudos