cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dziants
Level 6

Bundled JVM is not installed when doing silent install

The bundled JVM is not being installed when doing silent install, but the installation just stops after it creates the jre directory.

The log in the making, which is in the temp directory appears as follows:-

Install Log Detail:

Check Disk Space: C:\Program Files\my_install_dir Status: SUCCESSFUL

Custom Action: com.mine.action.AnAction

Custom Action: com.mine.action.AnotherAction

Check Disk Space: C:\Program Files\my_install_dir Status: SUCCESSFUL

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\my_install_dir\jre

Do I need to put anything extra in the response file?
What else could be causing this?

Many thanks,
David
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
dziants
Level 6

Have now solved this. 🙂
It was because I used an Action Group in the install phase, where there was only logic. I knew that Action Groups with the file hierachy was problematic as it considers this as an o/s folder rather than a logical collection of actions. Where I wanted to make a group, I named the folder $EMPTY_STRING$ and this works for GUI and Console installatiions. This also does not give a problem for SILENT mode.

In this case, where the contents of the Action Group are purely logical actions, the action group did not give a problem for the interactive modes but now for silent mode, neither does naming the group $EMPTY_STRING$ work.

This means that I have to move all the actions in the groups to the top level and then copy and append all the rules from the group to each action that was in the group. 😞

In install phase, is there any way to implement logical groups that are not connected with the file hierarchy?
0 Kudos
dziants
Level 6

Another reason for the installation stopping in silent mode was because of an encrypted field. I actually need to recheck my assertion concerning the use of action groups as a possible reason.

Having removede reference to encrypted field, am now having an issue with running commands in silent mode. No reference to an attempt to run a command is given in the log. Do I need to use specific setting in "Execute Command" dialog?

Many thanks,
David
0 Kudos
dziants
Level 6

My not being able to run a command in silent mode was also because of using an encrypted variable as one of the arguments.

I see that Action Groups in install stage is not properly supported, and cannot copy/paste to this like in pre-install etc.. Am not sure how I managed to have the original action group there to begin with.

David Z.
0 Kudos