cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

Build via GUI ok but cmdline fails

I am using InstallAnywhere 2009 Enterprise Edition SP1.Now my projects build absolutely fine with gui but if I build them via command line(which I am doing in an ant script) I get the following error....

**** A parameter to a method was not available: method not invoked
- Vector.addElement(
null)
- Vector.addElement(
null)
- Vector.addElement(
null)
- Vector.addElement(
null)
- Vector.addElement(
null)
- Vector.addElement(
null)
- Vector.addElement(
null)
- Vector.addElement(
null)
- Vector.addElement(
null)

Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)

Stack Trace:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
at ZeroGlg.e(DashoA10*..)
at ZeroGlg.(DashoA10*..)
at ZeroGlg.a(DashoA10*..)
at ZeroGlg.a(DashoA10*..)
at InstallAnywhere.a(DashoA10*..)
at InstallAnywhere.main(DashoA10*..)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)
This Application has Unexpectedly Quit: Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Could you also post the relevant part of the script that calls the IA build?
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
Could you also post the relevant part of the script that calls the IA build?

Its just one line....InstallAnywhere -b xxx.iap_xml.

-Vikz
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, in my case I always used the build.exe tool for building in command line.
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
Well, in my case I always used the build.exe tool for building in command line.

We are using some shell scripts in solaris to build installers.

-Vikz
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Ah, you didn't mention that, this is happening on a Solaris machine? And what would be different in the aforementioned scripts?
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

Vlad
I did not quite understand your question.

-Vikz
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Vikram Gosain wrote:
Vlad
I did not quite understand your question.

-Vikz

Vikram, I'm just trying to obtain and clarify all the information needed first to understand your issue. So you said that GUI builds worked, but builds from the command line failed. I was asking for the command line calling the build, and you said it was "InstallAnywhere -b xxx.iap_xml". This looked extremely odd to me as I never knew one can build in command line this was. Then I told you how I'm building in command line. Then you said: "We are using some shell scripts in solaris to build installers." so I asked you, as this was the first time you mentioned the actual build environment: "Does this happen on a Solaris machine? What would be different in the aforementioned scripts?" What I meant by that is: "what exactly do you do differently in the script calling the IA build from the manual call?"
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
Vikram, I'm just trying to obtain and clarify all the information needed first to understand your issue. So you said that GUI builds worked, but builds from the command line failed. I was asking for the command line calling the build, and you said it was "InstallAnywhere -b xxx.iap_xml". This looked extremely odd to me as I never knew one can build in command line this was. Then I told you how I'm building in command line. Then you said: "We are using some shell scripts in solaris to build installers." so I asked you, as this was the first time you mentioned the actual build environment: "Does this happen on a Solaris machine? What would be different in the aforementioned scripts?" What I meant by that is: "what exactly do you do differently in the script calling the IA build from the manual call?"

Hi Vlad
This happens in the Solaris machine. We do not do anything much except calling the "InstallAnywhere -b xxx.iap_xml" command.We have license of IA for Solaris OS only. So everything happens in Solaris.
I hope I have answered your question. I saw the same problem posted by some user in the following link..

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=184950

-Vikz
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I see. It's odd, as it happened almost a year ago. I wonder if the user has find the solution to his problem. But coming back to your issue, have you ever managed to compile in command line, or it never worked?
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
I see. It's odd, as it happened almost a year ago. I wonder if the user has find the solution to his problem. But coming back to your issue, have you ever managed to compile in command line, or it never worked?

Hi Vlad
By reducing the "stack" memory of the server where the builds were running we were able to resolve this issue.

Thanks
-Vikz
0 Kudos