cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guptapavan31
Level 3

Build Time Variable

Jump to solution

Is there any way where we can specify source Path as Build time variable and Using -btv to build the installer with that variable pointing to the source we expect? 

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

If I understand correct you want to build different payload in installer using same iap.xml file. This scenario is not achievable using IA. 

You can put rules on payload and create one installer, it will install payload based on rule conditions.

If payload is same and you want different installers that is possible using multiple build target.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RitanshuAnkita
Revenera
Revenera

Source path can be specified under Edit | Preferences | Source Path and can be used for Build time variables when defined under Variables | Build Time Variables.

0 Kudos
Does it mean first I define a source path variable, then I use the same variable as build time and further I can use it?

Can you please explain with the example since I am still not clear
0 Kudos
Does it mean first I define a source path variable, then I use the same variable as build time and further I can use it?

Can you please explain with the example since I am still not clear
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me what use case you are trying to configure and then I can provide you with solution for that.

0 Kudos
What I am trying is achieve is to not set source path through environment variable or through IDE. But when i am building the product at that time I pass the variable.. so with build in same command line I can build installer from 2 different directory.

Like I have 2 project similar to each other.. just the build result in 2 different jar with same name..
I wanna have same installer project.
When building it I will have a script. One instruction will build product 1 and second will build product 2 using the same project file. I am just trying to avoid maintaining duplicate project file.
0 Kudos

If I understand correct you want to build different payload in installer using same iap.xml file. This scenario is not achievable using IA. 

You can put rules on payload and create one installer, it will install payload based on rule conditions.

If payload is same and you want different installers that is possible using multiple build target.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos