cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottGreen
Level 3

Ballooning Memory Needs

In our development cycle, the total size of the packaged files is relatively consistent, probably within 10's of megabytes.

We regularly deploy test builds to an AIX system, and over the course of the development, we regularly find that we have to increase the installer memory size in project/config to avoid out of memory exceptions.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are there any recommendations for keeping the memory requirements in check?

Thanks for the help.

-Scott Green
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
james_decosta
Level 9

hi,
i have changed the default memory size to the changed memory size.
But i did not find any problem after modifying the memory size.
james.
0 Kudos
bjfrary
Level 4

I have found this happened to me when the localization files started ballooning in size. I found that by deleting them or editing them to get rid of the garbage solved the problem. Deleting might not be an option if you have define a lot of custom variables from custom code.

Support cannot seem to duplicate the problem and I assume just dropped it since I haven't heard anything else about it. I have had it happen to me recently on the value pac 1 as well.

I don't have the time to figure out what was happening because I have a workaround. However, I believe it is because I often have multiple development environments open. For example, I might have Eclipse, IS Multiplatform, Net beans and IA all open at the same time. On top of that I may do an IA Command line build. If I just open these and try to duplicate the problem I can't. I think it is something that develops over time.
0 Kudos