cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobpeko
Level 2

Arabic and Hebrew choices not showing on windows

Hello,
This is actually 2 related problems. I have selected about 23 languages in IA2009's Project->Locales locales panel, but when the installer is started, only a limited number of these languages are available on the startup panel for the installer. The limited selection seems related to the default codepage for the machine the installer is running on. For example, on an English based machine, I get English + western European languages. On a Russian machine, I get Russian and English. How can a user get all available languages during install?

The second part is that for the two BiDi languages, they do not show up at all on Windows, even when the machine has the correct codepage set. Only English is available. (I can get Arabic + English when installing on an Arabic Linux machine, and Hebrew+English on a Hebrew Linux machine.)

I do not package a JVM with my installer image, but pre-req Java 1.5 or higher for installing. Java 1.6 is not an option for me, it breaks the product that I am installing. 😞

Is there a setting that I am missing in my IA2009 project?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
shegde
Level 2

These are the 2 settings you need to have in order to view all the 31 languages for your installer:
1. Select all the locales in Project -> Locales tab
2. Set the following argument: "-Dlax.locales=TRUE" in the Optional Installer Arguments of Project -> Config tab

You can view even the Bi-Directional languages with this setting. This has nothing to do with your java .
The solution is same for both the questions.
0 Kudos
bobpeko
Level 2

Thanks Shegde, that solved the problems.
0 Kudos