cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reachlin
Level 3

Problem: variables are not updated

We find this problem in two cases:
1. If we have an installer.properties, variables in the file will eclipse whatever the user input in the gui.
2. If user inputs a value for a variable, go to next page, then go back to the previous page. Even if the user changes the value, the old value from the first time is still there. The new value is never picked up.

Please help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

1. This is not a bug, but a feature! Indeed, whenever an installer.properties is present, the install will proceed in silent mode, which means that all panels / consoles are skipped and necessary input (which otherwise would have been provided via those input methods) are taken from the file instead!
2. For the second case your project is needed, or at least a little mockup project for which you can reproduce the issue!
0 Kudos
reachlin
Level 3

if you didn't set the install mode to silent, for example, "SWING". those values are loaded as default values in the gui.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

And this happens, I guess, because IA manual says the you either launch the silent installation like this:

./setup.exe -i silent

or

./setup.exe -f /path/to/installer.properties
0 Kudos
reachlin
Level 3

my problem is some fields of values are stuck with the default ones,
they are from installer.properties,
and the user can never change it on the gui anymore,
even after go next page, then go back many times,
see my screen shot rtc1254.jpg 8...(
0 Kudos
reachlin
Level 3

finally, found it's our code problem. Thanks.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

My question is: if installer.properties messes up with the installation, why can't you simply discard it and assign in the build default values to variables?
0 Kudos