cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
criley
Level 2

Adding files to project at build time

I am using InstallAnywhere 2012 Standard Edition. Can anyone direct me to information that will describe how I can specify files to be added by way of command line or other method? The files that I want to install may change wil new builds so I want to add 'all the files from directory X' to my build, but i dont want to go back into the designer or wizard - i want my project file to be smart enough to include anything that is under directory X. This seems like a very basic feature and i would expect it to be available in the Standard Edition. Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
manzoor_matoo
Level 4

criley wrote:
I am using InstallAnywhere 2012 Standard Edition. Can anyone direct me to information that will describe how I can specify files to be added by way of command line or other method? The files that I want to install may change wil new builds so I want to add 'all the files from directory X' to my build, but i dont want to go back into the designer or wizard - i want my project file to be smart enough to include anything that is under directory X. This seems like a very basic feature and i would expect it to be available in the Standard Edition. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Adding the files through command line is not possible. However the designer is having the feature called "add files" at the install phase which will be used to add files into the payload. You can add number of files by using that feature.

Thanks,

Manzoor
0 Kudos