cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dharmisetty
Level 4

64 bit installation is keep on failing me with IA 2009 Enterprise

Hi,

I installed my product with 64 bit Java VM on 64 bit Windows Operating system of AMD machine. I am not able run the installer with the same VM. What the hell it is. I have done some R&D and found that a iawin64_X86.dll is not available in the temp folder of installer. I copied it manualy then it is working fine.

Why it is working like this ? I am not understanding the functionality of InstallAnywhere on 64 bit operating system.

Can any body explain me why it is happening like this ? What I have to do for install my product with out these changes ?

-- One dought, Is installAnywhere supporting 64 bit OS ?

Thanks,
Naresh.D.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

IA supports 64 bit platform installation since version 8. Maybe this document can be of any help: http://www.acresso.com/webdocuments/PDF/ia_wp_creatingiainstallations_oct2007.pdf
0 Kudos
Dharmisetty
Level 4

What bases InstallAnywhere will pick the dlls from the native directory while generating installer. I am requesting you all for the solution.

Thanks,
Naresh.D.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

If you need a solution fast, I urge you to contact Acresso Software support.
0 Kudos
Dharmisetty
Level 4

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for giving this document. I have gone through the complete document. It says InstallAnywhere supports 64 bit O/s from 8 onwards. I have done same thing in my product.

Steps that I have been followed in my product to support 64 bit Windows:

1) Downloaded 64 bit Java VM 1.5 ( AMD supported) from the acresso site.
2) Generated installer or build with the 64 Java VM pack.
3) Executed the genereted installer on 64 bit O/S.
4) "" It is not starting installation and closed with the warning message like, "Win64 bit does not support" """

5) I verified the temp folder and found that iawin32.dll is placed in resource folder.
6) I copied the iawin64_X86.dll that is available in nativetools folder.
7) I execute the installer that is available in the temp folder.
😎 It is successfully installed and functionality working fine.

Note: All the above steps have done in 64 bit Windows 2003 server.

Please tell me where I have done the wrong in solution approach.

Thanks,
Naresh.D.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well I guess the only thing you need to do is to find a way to put the correct file where it should be.
0 Kudos
Dharmisetty
Level 4

Hi Vlad,

I replaced the file in temp folder while executing install.exe of my product. I am not able to make copy of that file automatic while executing install.exe. We cannot determine the temp folder name. I downloaded all different types of VM packs used for 64 bit. I tried with all, even it is throwing same exception.

Thanks,
Naresh.d.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm not sure what to say: I would have said that all the 64 bit VMs they provide for download are wrong, but I do know that they won't make any VM available unless it's tested and known to work. Haven't you tried to build your own 64 bit vm and see if this solves your issue?
0 Kudos
Dharmisetty
Level 4

Hi Vlad,

I observed that while generating installer for my product, iawin64_x64.dll is not moving into resource folder of buildinstaller.tmp folder. This folder is creating at the time of generating build and all resource are moving at the time of Assembling installer components...

I am wondering that why this dll is not moving into resource folder of buildinstaller.tmp.

Is there any variable kind that we need to set in installanywhere advanced editor ?

Thanks,
Naresh.D.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Again, I do not know of any such settings. What IA does when building I guess it's IA internal only... and again, if I had not said it before, you might as well encountered a bug (albeit I'm a little astonished that noone has discovered it before).
0 Kudos