cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavan_kumar_ds
Level 5

32-bit and 64 bit installation

Hello friends,

I have one more query,this is regarding hybrid installation.I need to make 32 bit installer & 64 bit installer.. before that i hv created programs_dir_32 & programs_dir_64 in which one contains 32 bit files & other contains 64 bit files.When am installing both of them gets installed.What i need is check if system architecture is x86 then only install 32 bit files and if system is 64 bit install 64 bit files only,but not both.How can i do this..?? Please provide suggestions.!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
UtsabKarmakar
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi,
You can achieve this by adding Rules(Check System Architecture), to check for the system architecture.

Regards,
Utsab Karmakar
0 Kudos
pavan_kumar_ds
Level 5

Hiieee...Yeah i got it working.!!!
0 Kudos
scarney
Level 5

Hello,

I am doing something similar. I only want to allow the install to take place on 32-bit, x86. Now, in the Check System Architecture rule, it brings up a list including Intell 32-bit(IA-32, x86, i386). I redid this be removing Intell 32-bit(IA-32, x86, i386) and creating Intell 32-bit(IA-32, i386) and Intell 32-bit(x86. The latter, I put in the Perform on list while the former went in the Do not perform on list. Can I get away with this or do I have to define this x86 architecture, myself.

--
Regards,
Sandra Carney
0 Kudos