cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scbsde3
Level 3

lmadmin not prints TIMESTAMP

Hi every body.

I'm evaluating the migration from old lmgrd/lmutil/lmtools to lmadmin.

I don't find the TIMESTAMP info, available with lmgrd, inside the Debug Log file.
It is very helpful to understand correctly the log messages.

:confused: Is there a particular settings, option or configuration missed?

Thank you very much.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Hmm, the timestamps should be included in the debug log; when I view a log from the lmadmin interface or open logs/demo.log, I see timestamps beginning each line:
15:31:14 (demo) Server started on TESTSERVER for:	f1		
15:31:14 (demo) f1 f3 f4
15:31:14 (demo) EXTERNAL FILTERS are OFF
15:31:18 (demo) TCP_NODELAY NOT enabled
15:31:25 (demo) OUT: "f3" Robertd@TESTCLIENT
0 Kudos
scbsde3
Level 3

Thank you Robert.

I was not clear ...

I mean, there's not TIMESTAMP keyword and 'date' information inside the Debug Log from lmadmin.

That's the reason why I wrote that it's not clear how to read the sequence of lines in the log files
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I don't see the word "timestamp" in a debug log created with lmgrd and a vendor daemon (though the date appears in the lmgrd entry). Could you post part of an existing debug log showing the information you'd like to see?
0 Kudos
scbsde3
Level 3

Here you can find attached a compressed file with:

[LIST=1]
freescale.log generated by lmgrd
borland.log generated by lmadmin

Please note that it seems that also denials are NOT reported in lmadmin debug logs.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Hmm, I do see denials in the debug log:
10:21:49 (demo) OUT: "f3" Robertd@TESTCLIENT1  
10:21:52 (demo) DENIED: "f3" Robertd@TESTCLIENT2 (Licensed number of users already reached. (-4,342:10054 ""))

The other "missing" messages seem to originate with lmgrd (the lines begin with "(lmgrd)"), and lmadmin doesn't use lmgrd. Startup information is written to lmadmin.log---
2011-02-02 09:53:39,310 root Version: 11.9.0.87120 Built: 2010.06.11-02.13.09
2011-02-02 09:53:39,326 root.LicenseEngine started without redundancy.
2011-02-02 09:53:39,513 root.Vendor (demo) started.
---though I don't know if the every six hour TIMESTAMP notes will be placed there...

Robert
0 Kudos
scbsde3
Level 3

Dear Robert,

Yes, I've seen the lmadmin.log entries, but this file is not updated regularly, for sure not with TIMESTAMP info!

It's absolutely necessary to have the timestamp info into the vendor log files to correctly read/analyse them.:confused:

And yes, I've seen the denials in the log files (Borland products borland.log, see previously attached compressed debug log files).
Sorry!:o

Thank you very much.
0 Kudos