cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pumpnarn
Level 3

Detecting expired license in Trusted Storage

I'm using a trial license that I've activated locally through an ASR. When it expires, lc_checkout fails with the error LM_NOCONFFILE which indicates it couldn't find a license file. I don't install a license file because I'm strictly using Trusted Storage. Even if I do install a dummy license file, lc_checkout will return errors about that license file such as LM_BADFILE or LM_BADPARAM.

I've tried to do things like calling lc_checkout with LM_CO_LOCALTEST and then checking the config to see if the feature has expired, but lc_checkout still fails. I've also tried putting in a filter, but I never get passed the feature to examine from my entitlement I'm guessing because it's already been determined that it expired. I've also tried to change the order in which FNP will look for a license, but it still returns LM_NOCONFFILE.

All I want to do is display a nice error message telling my users that the trial license has expired. Why isn't lc_checkout failing with the error LM_LONGGONE? Is there a way to keep it from looking for a license file? How should I be checking to see if a license has expired?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Finkleberry
Level 2

I'm having the same issue, but the error I get when the license period has expired is -8 (LM_BADCODE). I don't get any error when the license is still valid which makes me think the usual interpretation for LM_BADCODE isn't appropriate.
0 Kudos