cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annape
Level 2

Using lc_feat_list on a single license file off of a remote server

Hello,

I have the following setup - a license server "A" that runs a single vendor with 5+ license files, and a flex-enabled app server "B".

Server "B" needs to get the list of features located in one of the license files located on server "A". lc_feat_list, when ran with the port@host setting, returns all the features from all the license files.

How can I run lc_feat_list so that only features from a specific license file on the remote server are returned?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@annape , since lc_feat_list will read all the license files read, it doesn't fetch the authenticated list of features being served from the server.

So, here is something that you can try:

- Insure that the VENDOR_LICENSE_PATH is not set.

- In the sample client solution, set the LM_A_LICENSE_DEFAULT, to particular license file name/path.

- Now, run the client solution using lc_feat_list.

It should be able to pick only the license file contents. It would help to use the "LM_FLIST_ALL_FILES" flag with the API call.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Just reading further into your initial concerns, you have mentioned about the location of server-A and server-B being remote (so search path can not be provided, rather the port@host has to be used), so in such a condition, i don't see any effective way to achieve the output you are looking for.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos