cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jencinas
Level 3

Token Licensing - Non retornable licenses

Hi All,

we're trying to build a license system based on token, that is, a license is consumed everytime a process is started and that license cannot be returned anymore. It's more like a pool of licenses that can be only decreased or dettached. It's is possible using flex api? What's are your suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
jencinas
Level 3

Hi everyone,

by now we're exploring the checkin filter we've found in the programming guide for license files, section customizing the Vendor Daemon, to make a selective non-retornable feature.

Best regards.
0 Kudos
jencinas
Level 3

Hello everyone,

continuing with the non retornable licenses i'm trying to make our vendor daemon to checkout the consumed licenses on start-up. I've tried to use lc_new_job from a ls_user_init2 callback but it returns an error related to invalid VENDORCODE structure (LM_BADVENDORDATA). So is it possible to use lc_checkout from the vendor daemon?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
raffie
Level 6

If you really want to use a pool of licenses that can be consumed but never used again, I don't think you want to use certificate based licensing. I believe trusted storage can do exactly what you want. Or you can probably use one of the flexid dongles on the server. I haven't tried either one of these, so I can't offer any help with them.

If you want to use certificate licenses I don't think you can use lc_checkout in the vendor daemon. You should be able to use ls_checkout. This function isn't well documented but you can find an example in the examples/advanced folder.
0 Kudos
jencinas
Level 3

raffie wrote:
If you really want to use a pool of licenses that can be consumed but never used again, I don't think you want to use certificate based licensing. I believe trusted storage can do exactly what you want. Or you can probably use one of the flexid dongles on the server. I haven't tried either one of these, so I can't offer any help with them.

If you want to use certificate licenses I don't think you can use lc_checkout in the vendor daemon. You should be able to use ls_checkout. This function isn't well documented but you can find an example in the examples/advanced folder.

Thanks for your reply. I've abandoned that way in favor to activation and trusted storage. Now I'm buildind the toolkit with TS support and testing it.
0 Kudos