cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcheng
Level 5

QUESTION: (P0) Trouble using the decode function

Hi,

I am having some trouble getting the correct msgId from the decode function. I first used the
flxExtFilterGetAttr() to get the header size, which is 20. (is this the expected value?) Then I proceeded to read 20 bytes, and passed them into the DecodeHeader function. However when I look at the now populated msgId, I get the value 24 or 0x18, which is not any of the proper opcodes. Any idea why this is? I would really appreciate help with this issue asap since it is blocking the part of our performance testing.

Thanks,
Johnson
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
jcheng
Level 5

Okay, after discussion on the phone with Lars, he helped me narrowed down the cause of the problem. It appears that, in the specification document which I am using for reference, has the wrong parameter ordering for the function flxExtFilterDecodeHeader(), i.e. the order of msgId and msgSize appears to be switched. This was the cause of the problem, and has somewhat delayed our functionality and performance testing. Now my test program appears to be working and our performance test can resume.

Thanks Lars for your help.
Johnson
0 Kudos