cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcheng
Level 5

BUG: (P0) flxStat performance concern

We did a simple performance test for the flxStatGetUserList() API, and the result seems to indicate that each call to this function can take up to 1 second to return. This is not really acceptable for us especially since we will almost always be using this API to query multiple features.

Here's the test we did:

for (i = 0; i < num; i++) {
err = flxStatGetUserList(context, "demo" ,feature, &userList);
nlic = flxStatUserListGetNumLicenses(userList);
currServerTime = flxStatUserListGetCurrentServerTime(userList);
if (i == 0 || i == num-1)
fprintf(stdout, "UserList - Num Licenses = %ld, Server Time = %ld\n", nlic, currServerTime);
}

Result: Calling this API for 100 times seem to take around 99 seconds.

stattest 1700@dzhang 100
f1 checked out...press return to exit...
UserList - Num Licenses = 4, Server Time = 1118786738
UserList - Num Licenses = 4, Server Time = 1118786837
f1 check in...

It almost seems like the API has been tuned to delay for 1 second every time... Is there a reason for this? Our understanding was that this API is functionality-wise identical to the lc_userlist(), so we are not sure what is causing the delay.

Johnson
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
davidz
Level 4

There is no intentional delay.

We have attempted to create an implementation that is parallel with lc_userlist.

We'll look into this.
0 Kudos
greidplatform
Level 4

We have done further testing and believe this issue was logged incorrectly. We are no longer seeing this issue in our newer testing program (rewritten). Believe it was a mistake in our testing.

We will clarify some performance numbers but right now it seems comparable to lc_userlist() on a single vendor daemon.

Greg
0 Kudos