cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NirPeled
Level 2

Problems installing the lmgrd service

Hey guys,

I'm trying to do a silent installation of this product, in order to do so I obviously can't use lmtools (or at least I think I can't) to create the service for lmgrd.

What I did in order to create my current service is this:

sc create eGlueLic binpath= "c:\eglue2\flexnet\lmgrd.exe -p -c \"c:\eglue2\flexnet\counted.lic\" -l c:\debug.log"

sc creates the service successfully and all is well and done.

Once I try to start the service, I get a weird windows service error that says the following:

C:\eGlue2\Flexnet>net start egluelic
The service is not responding to the control function.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2186.

C:\eGlue2\Flexnet>NET HELPMSG 2186

The service is not responding to the control function.

EXPLANATION

The service cannot run your command at this time.

ACTION

Try the command again later.

If the problem persists, stop and restart the service.

However, if the problem continues after you have restarted the service, report the problem. Be sure to include the name of the service and the command that was

And the weirdest part is.... the licensing server does start, and it works perfectly well! The only problem here is that when some administrator that'll install our product start his computer, he will see an error that says that some of the services failed.

Can any of you think of a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Nir

P.S

Forgot to mention that when I do it through lmtools it does work perfectly with no errors, any ideas how does lmtools do it?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps use a variation of installs.exe, which is part of the i86_n3 FLEXnet Publisher toolkit? The source code for that utility should be available in the machind directory of your toolkit, so you can base your implementation on that...
0 Kudos
NirPeled
Level 2

Thanks a lot man! seems like that's exactly what I need, I'll give it a shot!
0 Kudos