cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
georgette_pez
Level 2

Link error report_rangecheckfailure

Hello

Il try to generate une new version with release 2019 r3 of flexnet publisher and I have link error when I use build MD in i86_n3 directory.

Compiler : Visual studio 2010 C++ (win32)

We have no problem with Flexnet publisher 2016 and this compiler

How resolve this problem ?

Build result :

E:\gl\FlexNet\2019 R3\win32\i86_n3>build MD

E:\gl\FlexNet\2019 R3\win32\i86_n3>echo off
Build.bat can be used in 3 ways *
build MT - This builds all of the files using the /MT compiler flag *
( Multi-threaded C Runtime as a static library ) *
build MD - This builds all of the files using the /MD compiler flag *
( Multi-threaded C Runtime as a DLL ) *
build DLL - This build all of the files to use the flexlm dll *
Building using the /MD flag

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 10.00.30319.01
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.

lmrand1 -i ..\machind\lsvendor.c
if exist lm_redir_std.obj del lm_redir_std.obj
if exist libredir_std.lib del libredir_std.lib
cl /nologo /c /I..\machind /I. /MD /O1 /DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN /DNO_ACTIVATION_SUPPORT ..\machind\lm_redir_std.c
lm_redir_std.c
LIB /out:libredir_std.lib lm_redir_std.obj
Microsoft (R) Library Manager Version 10.00.40219.01
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

cl /nologo /c /I..\machind /I. /MD /DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN -I../h lmcode.c
lmcode.c
LINK /nologo /NODEFAULTLIB /OPT:NOREF /NXCOMPAT /DynamicBase /SAFESEH /subsystem:CONSOLE lmnewgen.obj lmcode.obj libsimplifier.lib .\activation\lib\libnoact.lib lmgr_trl.lib libcrvs.lib libsb.lib libredir_std.lib oldnames.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib netapi32.lib gdi32.lib comdlg32.lib comctl32.lib wsock32.lib shell32.lib Rpcrt4.lib oleaut32.lib Ole32.lib Wbemuuid.lib wintrust.lib crypt32.lib Ws2_32.lib iphlpapi.lib Psapi.lib advapi32.lib Shlwapi.lib dhcpcsvc.lib userenv.lib lmgr_dongle_stub.lib msvcrt.lib /out:lmnewgen.exe
lmgr_trl.lib(l_pack.obj) : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu ___report_rangecheckfailure
lmgr_trl.lib(cmn_vm_private.obj) : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu ___report_rangecheckfailure
lmgr_trl.lib(fnp_winservice.obj) : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu ___report_rangecheckfailure
lmgr_trl.lib(lm_hostname.obj) : error LNK2019: symbole externe non résolu ___report_rangecheckfailure référencé dans la fonction _b_IWT_rypUZK1wAeZ3a
lmgr_trl.lib(l_amzn.obj) : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu ___report_rangecheckfailure
lmgr_trl.lib(l_tzlic_lib.obj) : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu ___report_rangecheckfailure
lmgr_trl.lib(l_parse_attr.obj) : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu ___report_rangecheckfailure
lmgr_trl.lib(l_comp_id.obj) : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu ___report_rangecheckfailure
lmgr_trl.lib(l_cvd.obj) : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu ___report_rangecheckfailure
lmgr_trl.lib(l_borrow.obj) : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu ___report_rangecheckfailure
lmgr_trl.lib(l_rdec.obj) : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu ___report_rangecheckfailure
lmnewgen.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 externes non résolus
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\LINK.EXE"' : code retour '0x460'
Stop.
E:\gl\FlexNet\2019 R3\win32\i86_n3>

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

This is a windows side issue (Visual studio 10 related). In the Solution Explorer, look at the project that you're linking (not the library) and see if the entry is marked "(Visual Studio 2010)". If so, they you will have to choose between updating that project to Visual Studio 2012 (or later) or turning off compiler option /GS (Buffer Security Check) in that project and all of the libraries from which it pulls in code. Normally in Visual Studio 2012, the linker uses the "Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0" C libraries. However, if your project is identified as "(Visual Studio 2010)", the linker uses the "Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0" instead. In Visual Studio 2012 and later, the /GS option generates calls to __report_rangecheckfailure. (See http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sdl/archive/2012/01/26/enhancements-to-gs-in-visual-studio-11.aspx for a detailed description.) In the "Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0" libraries, __report_rangecheckfailure, is in msvcrt[d].lib, but it does not appear at all in the "Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0" libraries. Hence, a "(Visual Studio 2010)" project that uses code built with /GS under Visual Studio 2012 will get an unresolved external reference to __report_rangecheckfailure. So, your choices are to upgrade your project to Visual Studio 2012 (from the main menu Project | Upgrade VC++ projects…) or to forgo compiler option /GS (in the project's Property Pages, select Configuration Properties | C/C++ | Code Generation, and set Buffer Security Check to No (/GS-).) Additional Information: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/7abc7f63-c3a6-4a55-babc-6914870d4959/unresolved-external-symbol-reportrangecheckfailure Also be advised that the list for supported Visual Studio version on FNP-11.16.4 are: • Visual Studio 2019 (16.1.4) • Visual Studio 2017 (15.9.13) • Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 • Visual Studio 2013 Update 5
(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)