cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cummins
Level 5

License activation using request/response files

Hi, I had a question on license activation through xml request/response files
we plan to use this feature to support users who have limited to no internet connectivity
Now from how the provided API for this works you need to create a request file send it to operations and then it sends you back a response file

If the segment where the product license is going to reside does not exist the API will create one and then you need to basically create a new request/get response again. So in that case its a 2-step process
Now the request file will probably go through some company approval process before making it to operations which could take time

Is there any other way to initialize a segment for an offline user? or otherwise condense the process into a single step
i.e. do both --> initialize a segment for a particular product and load a license into trusted storage through a single request/response file?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

At least for application trusted storage, some have had luck configuring the segment with an ASR, and then using a single XML request-response conversation for the actual activation. For this technique to succeed, the segment ID and transaction keys need to match between the ASR and the response generator.
0 Kudos
cummins
Level 5

thanks for the suggestion Rob
I'll try that out and get back to you if I have more questions
0 Kudos