cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SrinivasJL
Level 4

Invalid Hostid error for the Dongle

Hi all,

Mac licenses are working properly with out any issue.

when i am switching from mac to dongle licenses for the first time, i am facing invalid host id error.
and i am able to fetch flex id from dongle using lmutil.

if i restart the machine and use the dongle licenses, no error is showing up & everything is working fine.

what must be the problem ?

0 Kudos
(6) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@SrinivasJL , it is always recommended to do a system restart once the dongle driver is installed.

It is difficult to point out the exact reason of why it might would have started working for you post a system restart, but a restart is always recommended.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

@aparashar1  thank you for replying back.

Dongle driver is installed and we have done restart also.
still lc_hostid() api is not returning the dongle ID.

dongle id can be fetched in the following way:
after inserting dongle and we need to do the restart then only lc_hostid() api is returning the dongle id.

i'm not understanding this behaviour.

Regards,

Lakshmisrinivas.

0 Kudos

@SrinivasJL , the dongle ID (i.e. FLEXID) is the property of the hardware dongle. Which can only be fetched if hardware is physically connected to the system.

As you have mentioned that, if dongle is connected then post a restart FLEXID is being fetched properly. Shouldn't this be an expected observation?

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Hi @aparashar1 

after installing the dongle drivers, restart is needed.

but after connecting dongle to the system, restart is not needed.

In my case,  either i have to reinstall the dongle drivers or restart the system with dongle conncection.

then dongle is getting detected(i.e lc_hostid() is returning dongle id).

0 Kudos

Hi @aparashar1 ,

i would like to know that any particular certificated are needed to installed before installing dongle drivers or needed for dongle detection.

Previously dongle was not getting even with the tool lmutil.exe so we installed some certificates verisign universal(sha256) and verisign class 3(sha1) then dongle is started detected by lmutil.

so some certificate dependency is there.
could you please check certificates are needed to detect the dongle !?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

We are not aware of any such certificates to be installed independently. Only post installing the dongle driver, the dongle detection should be working fine.

However, you can also take a reference from the KB article here.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/FLEXID-9-is-not-being-detected-using-FNP/ta-p/133179

If it still doesn't help then i would suggest you raising the concern with your concerned software provider, who in turn can raise a support case with Flexera.

0 Kudos