FLEXID-9 is not being detected using FNP
What could be the reasons for FLEXID-9 not being detected using FNP toolkit.
It will be more viable, if we can cross check the valid scenarios (as explained below) with native environment.
- At first if the FLEXID-9 in use is a legacy one, then for licensing solution to work "ls_flexid9_hasp4_support" is set as "1" in machind\lsvendor.c
Be advised that it should not have any effect on the lmutil (i.e. fetching the dongle ID).
- Build the toolkit with DONGLE support i.e. "nmake -f makefile DONGLE=1"
- Install the FLEXID-9 driver from corresponding zip folder in the platform directory of the toolkit.
- Placement of hasp_rt.exe should be in the same folder as the client application.
- About the dongle dll's (i.e. haspsrm_win32.dll & haspsrm_win64.dll),
Do one of the following:
• Either Define the FlexNet environment variable FLEXID_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the location of the dongle shared object, haspsrm_win32.dll or haspsrm_win64.dll (depending on your architecture).
• Manually copy the DLLs to the Windows installation System32 or SysWOW64 directory (depending on your architecture).
• On a 64-bit system, publishers using the x64_n6 kit should install haspsrm_win64.dll to %windir%/System32.
• On a 64-bit system, publishers using the i86_n3 kit should install haspsrm_win32.dll to %windir%/SysWOW64
• On a 32-bit system, publishers using the i86_n3 kit should install haspsrm_win32.dll to %windir%/System32
• On a 64-bit Linux system, publishers using the x64_lsb kit should install libhasp_linux_x86_64.so to
• On a 32-bit Linux system, publishers using the i86_lsb kit should install libhasp_linux_i686.so to
• On a Max OS X system, publishers using the universal_mac kit should install hasp_darwin.dylib to
However, it is always a good idea to place them in System32 & SYSWow64 folders (on windows).
- Then perform the command line operation as "lmutil.exe lmhostid -flexid -long"
- It should display the FLEXID-9 ID.
If even after performing the above steps, the FLEXID9 ID is not being displayed, then raise a case with Flexera Support.