cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SrinivasJL
Flexera beginner

Invalid Hostid error for the Dongle

Hi all,

Mac licenses are working properly with out any issue.

when i am switching from mac to dongle licenses for the first time, i am facing invalid host id error.
and i am able to fetch flex id from dongle using lmutil.

if i restart the machine and use the dongle licenses, no error is showing up & everything is working fine.

what must be the problem ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Flexera aparashar1
Flexera

Re: Invalid Hostid error for the Dongle

@SrinivasJL , it is always recommended to do a system restart once the dongle driver is installed.

It is difficult to point out the exact reason of why it might would have started working for you post a system restart, but a restart is always recommended.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
SrinivasJL
Flexera beginner

@aparashar1  thank you for replying back.

Dongle driver is installed and we have done restart also.
still lc_hostid() api is not returning the dongle ID.

dongle id can be fetched in the following way:
after inserting dongle and we need to do the restart then only lc_hostid() api is returning the dongle id.

i'm not understanding this behaviour.

Regards,

Lakshmisrinivas.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera aparashar1
Flexera

@SrinivasJL , the dongle ID (i.e. FLEXID) is the property of the hardware dongle. Which can only be fetched if hardware is physically connected to the system.

As you have mentioned that, if dongle is connected then post a restart FLEXID is being fetched properly. Shouldn't this be an expected observation?

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos