cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UmarIqbal-RS
Level 3

How to feature name directly in Flexenabled application file

Hi Currently I am evaluating Flex net publisher   I have gone through lmflex.c  I have seen there they are using

(void)fgets(feature, sizeof(feature), lm_flex_stdin());

to get feature name from us by putting it on command line.

But I want it should be directly picked from file rather asking us. for example if feature f2 is in license file for a application it should be directly picked and application run. If not available print error of not available feature. 

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @UmarIqbal-RS  ,

The line highlighted in the lmflex gives the client the liberty to enter the feature name they would like to checkout . Since there can be more than one feature name in the license file , this ask is important in order to get the right license . You can always go ahead and modify the lmflex as per your need but what is specified in the default lmflex is just a sample .

0 Kudos

@jyadav 

I do not want to give feature name like we are giving in sample. But I want feature name should be directly picked from license file.

0 Kudos

Hi @UmarIqbal-RS  ,

As per your example "for example if feature f2 is in license file for a application it should be directly picked and application run. If not available print error of not available feature. "  , for this check as well a user would need to enter a value that can be compared with the license file to either checkout or throw an error respectively .

0 Kudos
UmarIqbal-RS
Level 3

@jyadav 

Sorry May be I am making you confuse.

I dont want my user  put feature name when running application. When user run application the feature should be directly picked.

0 Kudos

Hi @UmarIqbal-RS  ,

Let's take an example , Suppose your license file has feature f1, f2 and f3.

Now if you hardcode the feature name say f1  , you can checkout only this feature or if you hardcode the feature say f2 then only f2 can be checked out (directly without asking for the user input) but hardcoding can be done for a specific user and is not feasible for multiple users as each user might want to checkout a different feature . Even if you store al the feature name a call has to be taken as to which feature is required at that instance . Kindly let me know the business need if you think i am missing something here .

0 Kudos