cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnH
Level 3

How to build vendor daemon for Windows.

Hi, I'm building an application that will run on Linux or macOS and uses FlexNet Publisher for licensing. We will be supporting the use of a license server to allow floating license and an end-customer wants to run the server on Windows (not our software, just the lmadmin server). I can see in the download section where I can get the various installers for windows of lmadmin itself, but how do I go about building the vendor daemon? I can currently compile the vendor daemon for Linux or macOS by using the appropriate FlexNet Publisher platform. However where do I find the needed files to build just the vendor daemon on Windows?

To summaries, our application is not going to be built or usable on Windows, I just need to build the vendor daemon so an end-user can run a license server on Windows.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@ShawnH , for Windows, Linux and Mac OS  - there will be a different FNP toolkit that needs to be considered for platform support build.

You can download the toolkits from Product and Licensing Center through you login, if you/your company has an active support plans for these platforms for Flexnet Publisher product.

The internal steps i.e. applying the vendor keys and other will be same for all 3 platforms. Refer : 

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/How-Do-You-Build-a-Default-Toolkit-Build-on-Windows/ta-p/3078

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Build-a-Certificate-Based-Toolkit-101/ta-p/5519

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/How-to-build-11-10-1-Trusted-storage-toolkit/ta-p/3098

Hope this helps.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

We only have FNP for Linux and OS X (and I see downloads for those platforms), since we're not supporting the use of our application on Windows. However an end customer wants to run a license server for our product on a Windows machine (not our product itself, just the license server), so how am I supposed to build the Windows vendor daemon without the toolkit for Windows?

0 Kudos

@ShawnH , we can consult to the Sales unit for a trial version of Windows based licensing/toolkit made available to you.

So, if you can confirm me on the Account name of your company, for which the FNP based licensing Entitlements are purchased and have a valid support contract against - i should be able to get assistance from respective Sales team.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

@ShawnH , just to add the trial version/Evaluation copy for Windows will expire after a max of 90 days i.e. licensing component will stop working/misbehave in functionality.

So, if you are looking to provide a working windows solution to your customer then you (Coretech ) might have to purchase the Windows Subscription for FNP licensing as well. Please let me know, if you would like to continue with the Evaluation approach or if that sounds like a dead end.

0 Kudos