Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris58
Level 4

How do I activate FlexNetLicensingToolkitForJava-v11.16.5.1.tar

Jump to solution

Hi!

I've configured and compiled the C version without problems.

I could not find any instructions on how to use the java version. After some decoding of the jar files I found out that CreateVendorInfo either needs TRL_KEY1/TRL_KEY2 or some lmpubkey.h file which includes some other stuff. I did not find any lmpubkey.h, so I used the other alternative without really knowing what I was doing.  ./vendorInfo.h was doing fine now, creating the vendorInfo.java class.

But, running the BasicExample now issues:  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: No public keys available...

Could someone please point me to instructions on how to make the java library work?

Thanks in advance

Christian

0 Kudos
(2) Solutions
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

Hello @chris58 , 

To enable the Java based licensing of applications, we would need to copy few files from the corresponding C toolkit directory. As in the steps are:

=====================================

Copy the following files from the toolkit path to the your java folder

<machind dir>\lm_code.h
<platform dir>\lmpubkey.h
<platform dir>\lmseeds.h

Note: If lmpubkey.h does not exist, you need to create it. In the C toolkit platform directory, type: lmnewgen -pubkey

So, do you have access to the "C" toolkit and are you able to build the "C/C++ toolkit" ?

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

Here are the complete steps:

Design Steps:

Step Name

Step 1

Description:

JDK bin path should be specified
   for e.g: set PATH=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15\bin;$PATH

Step 2

Description:

CLASSPATH environment variable needs to be defined for the jar files available in the java <folder> of flexjava kit.

for e.g: set CLASSPATH=.;C:\Program Files\Acresso\FLEXnet Licensing Toolkit for JAVA\v11.6.0.0\flexlm.jar;C:\Program Files\Acresso\FLEXnet Licensing Toolkit for JAVA\v11.6.0.0\flexlmmgmt.jar; C:\Program Files\Acresso\FLEXnet Licensing Toolkit for JAVA\v11.6.0.0\flexlmutil.jar;C:\Program Files\Acresso\FLEXnet Licensing Toolkit for JAVA\v11.6.0.0\EccpressoAll.jar

Step 3

Description:

<machind dir>\lm_code.h
<platform dir>\lmseeds.h

Note: If lmpubkey.h does not exist, you need to create it. In the platform directory, type: lmnewgen -pubkey

Step 4

Description:

In java folder, open vendorInfo.bat file and update the classname from demoInfo to <vendor_name>Info eg., qavend8Info

Step 5

Description:

Execute vendorInfo.bat to generate <vendor_name>Info.java

Step 6

Description:

Compile the java file : javac <vendor_name>Info.java to create <vendor_name>Info.class

Step 7

Description:

Copy the <vendor_name>Info.class file to examples folder

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

Hello @chris58 , 

To enable the Java based licensing of applications, we would need to copy few files from the corresponding C toolkit directory. As in the steps are:

<machind dir>\lm_code.h
<platform dir>\lmseeds.h

Note: If lmpubkey.h does not exist, you need to create it. In the C toolkit platform directory, type: lmnewgen -pubkey

So, do you have access to the "C" toolkit and are you able to build the "C/C++ toolkit" ?

0 Kudos

Hi @aparashar1 

Thank you a lot!!! That's the solution. 🙂

Maybe somebody should consider to add a little note in a REAMDE file on how to generate the necessary lmpubkey.h. Or, even better, put the info into the usage() method of CreateVendorInfo. Would have saved me several hours of trial&error, decompiling, searching on the web etc.etc.

Thanks again!

Regards

Christian

0 Kudos
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

Here are the complete steps:

Design Steps:

Step Name

Step 1

Description:

JDK bin path should be specified
   for e.g: set PATH=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15\bin;$PATH

Step 2

Description:

CLASSPATH environment variable needs to be defined for the jar files available in the java <folder> of flexjava kit.

for e.g: set CLASSPATH=.;C:\Program Files\Acresso\FLEXnet Licensing Toolkit for JAVA\v11.6.0.0\flexlm.jar;C:\Program Files\Acresso\FLEXnet Licensing Toolkit for JAVA\v11.6.0.0\flexlmmgmt.jar; C:\Program Files\Acresso\FLEXnet Licensing Toolkit for JAVA\v11.6.0.0\flexlmutil.jar;C:\Program Files\Acresso\FLEXnet Licensing Toolkit for JAVA\v11.6.0.0\EccpressoAll.jar

Step 3

Description:

<machind dir>\lm_code.h
<platform dir>\lmseeds.h

Note: If lmpubkey.h does not exist, you need to create it. In the platform directory, type: lmnewgen -pubkey

Step 4

Description:

In java folder, open vendorInfo.bat file and update the classname from demoInfo to <vendor_name>Info eg., qavend8Info

Step 5

Description:

Execute vendorInfo.bat to generate <vendor_name>Info.java

Step 6

Description:

Compile the java file : javac <vendor_name>Info.java to create <vendor_name>Info.class

Step 7

Description:

Copy the <vendor_name>Info.class file to examples folder