cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeSpragg
Level 3

HostID not recognised/allowed

Hi, I've an unusual issue (been using product for some time and this is 1st time it's cropped up!) v11.19 of FNP.

The abridged license contains:

FEATURE SI9000e POLAR 0200240306 30-oct-2024 1 \
VENDOR_STRING=MaxVer=24;Polarcare=Yes;PCN=PINC9222 \
HOSTID="a4bb6d66dff9 ac82473b6ee2"

These ID's are reported by LMTools from the client. However, the server reports:

17:35:09 (POLAR) DENIED: "SI9000e" Mike@MIKE-5550 (Invalid host. (-9,333))

Which is normally a wrong ID provided by the business. However, I've triple checked this and the two ID's from the client are definitely in the license. I've export the NICs via ipconfig /all and checked again (and again!) but - no dice.

I can't find a way for FlexLM to tell me which ID it was sent and has an issue with - although I'm not convinced the ones in LMTools as reported are the ones that FlexLM receives (no amount of diagnostics will show me this i don't believe) even though, of course, they should be.

Any ideas on how to progress ? This only happens on this one client at the organisation, others are fine. Again, 1st time I've seen this in the 8 years been supporting this application and flummoxed ! 

0 Kudos
(6) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @MikeSpragg The problem was the feature was added as FEATURE line

FEATURE SI9000e POLAR 0200240306 30-oct-2024 1 \
VENDOR_STRING=MaxVer=24;Polarcare=Yes;PCN=PINC9222 \
HOSTID="a4bb6d66dff9 ac82473b6ee2"

I am not sure how many license files are on this server however can you update the FEATURE line to the INCREMENT line and give it a try. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Sorry, the licenses have always been done this way? Unless I'm missing something ? This is only 1 client (where, at the same business others work fine) doesn't work.

0 Kudos

Hi @MikeSpragg Understand that, however, we had this issue in the past where the same feature was added in many license files with the FEATURE keyword which is why this issue was reported. So, if you check the server and see the server is using more than one license file? if yes then check how many times the feature was added with  FEATURE line? 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi, sorry - yes. There is only 1 license on the server (brand new, vserver just for this). I should mention that if I take a psec.dll from an 11.17 install (on the client) then it works. Only the 11.19 psec.dll has this issue - like it's picking up a more stringent check of the Mac Addrs from the client. The trouble is - I don't know which one it's sending to be able to tell why it's not liking it - no amount of diagnostics appear to show that (eg set to 3, highest level) still only shows the machine name, not the Mac.

0 Kudos

Hi @MikeSpragg  can you please raise a support case, and share all these details, this needs further investigation to answer more.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Of course, no problem.

0 Kudos