cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenny_tilley
Level 3

Flexnet Publisher - what does the server need

Hi, I've been asked to supply our software licences using FlexLM (which we've done in the past but it's dropped out of my memory inbox!).

we have a daemon for Flexnet Publisher. 

but i don't remember what the customer will need on his server -is it just LMadmin or something more?

TIA

k

0 Kudos
(8) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @kenny_tilley The server can be used in the following way 

1. Use lmgrd to start the server ( Vendor daemon and license file should be located in the same directory and start the server "lmgrd -c licensefile.lic -z
  2. Using lmtools - use the lmgrd, vendor daemon and license file to start the server, and run the license as Windows service as well. 
  3. Last Lmadmin - use the lmgrd,vendor daemon and license file to start the server using webUI based. 

I hope this will help to select the best way to run the server.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Thank you.  And just for completeness, where is the best place for my customer to get those tools from?

K

0 Kudos

Hi @kenny_tilley ,

You get these tools from Revenera (via the Product & License Center) and then provide them to your end customers.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos

sorry to be a pain but the previous times i've dealt with this, the customer already had a flexlm server set up...

so, which of these products should i direct my customer to so they can download the correct files for their server?

do they only need this?

lmadmin-x64_n6-11.19.6.2.zip

but don't they also need at least lmhostid?

TIA

K

If you are upgrading then it is better to share all the executables from the updated version with the customer. 

0 Kudos

thanks

but which "package" contains all the necessary files?  can you post the appropriate link?

K

0 Kudos

@kenny_tilley The lmadmin can be downloaded from here https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/FlexNet-Publisher-lmadmin-download-links/ta-p/256288

All other utilities and executables should be shared bythe publisher. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
kenny_tilley
Level 3

Thank you. And just for completeness, where is the best place for my customer to get those tools from?

K

NEW RELEASES: � REP v5.50, LogIC v2.1, QScal v1.5 and Corechop v2.10- visit <> www.logicomep.com

Alternative emergency email (esp for attachments between 7 and 14Mb): kennyliza@gmail.com

Mobile: +44 (0)7792 893993

Office Phone: +44 (0)208 2030341

Registered in England 6406226

To send us data (e.g. if larger than 14Mb) via our new secure server, use <> https://spaces.hightail.com/uplink/LogicomEP-Secure

0 Kudos