cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
it_sodius
Level 2

Flexnet Publisher over VLANs

Hi,
We setup a virtual machine to serve our licenses. We run 2 different Flexnet Publisher daemons provided by 2 vendors. One run on the port 27000 and the other one on 27001.

The licenses server is on a different VLAN than the client machines, and the communication between the 2 VLANs is protected by a firewall. It's pretty easy to open the 27000 and 27001 ports, but I would like to know how I can know for sure the other ports used to serve the licenses? On my server, I see the ports used to serve licenses are 502xx and 503xx. I need to know precisely the ranges of the port used to setup my firewall.

Any idea how I can get this information?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
raffie
Level 6

I believe you are referring to the ports used by the vendor daemons. Unless you specify a port number it will automatically choose a random port. You can give it a specific port by adding port= on the VENDOR or DAEMON line in the license file. This should be documented in the License Administration Guide.

Eric
0 Kudos
it_sodius
Level 2

raffie wrote:
I believe you are referring to the ports used by the vendor daemons. Unless you specify a port number it will automatically choose a random port. You can give it a specific port by adding port= on the VENDOR or DAEMON line in the license file. This should be documented in the License Administration Guide.

Eric

Thanks a lot Eric, this is perfect!
0 Kudos