cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pabakertx
Level 3

FlexNet server fails after resume from hibernate

I have a few customers who run our license server on their laptops. When they hibernate their machines, and then resume, the lmadmin/lmgrd service has stopped and must be restarted.

We use ethernet (mac address) host IDs, so I'm assuming this is because the ethernet card has not fully powered and that causes the service to shut down. Is this correct, or is there something these customers can do to avoid having to manually restart the license server daemon?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
berlinomat
Level 2

Hi there, how are the specifics of the reawakening after hibernate in regards to communication in general and with the vendor daemons.
We never had this issue with the lmgrd services, I mean those controlled by the old lmutil on windows.
:mad:

Thanks for any suggestion
0 Kudos
pabakertx
Level 3

Flexera support says this:

Sleep or Hibernate mode are not officially supported by Flex. When the System goes on Sleep or Hibernate mode, the HostID (In your case MAC address) attached to SERVER line gets unresponsive when our heartbeat tries to access them every 60-90 seconds, in that case Vendor Daemon Shuts down and no feature is served. Resuming from Hibernate mode, the lmgrd will try to restart and vendor daemon and it does restart it. I tested after resuming from hibernate mode after an hour.

However the lmadmin works differently, it tries to attempt to start the Vendor Daemon again limited to number of restart attempt in the lmadmin config, means if number of restart attempt is set to 4 then VD will restart 4 time
from 5th attempt to hibernate VD will not be restarted.

So when I resume lmadmin after one hour, it did not start the Vendor Daemon. That's what your customer is seeing.
0 Kudos
Ankush
Level 2

pabakertx wrote:
Flexera support says this:

Hi ,

is their any limit for restart attempted ? or i can give it any number
0 Kudos
pabakertx
Level 3

... appears to be 999. I had hoped that zero or -1 would make it retry forever, but it doesn't.
0 Kudos