Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhumeleleSJose
Level 2

FlexNet Floating License

Jump to solution

Hi

I recently purchased a floating license from SnapGene which is shared via FlexNet server, which is running on a windows PC. On the network I can connect other windows devices to the server and access the licensed software. However on any Mac (OS-X) I try, I cannot retrieve the floating license and receive the error

"An error occurred while checking out a license. License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:2 "No such file or directory")"

I can ping the server PC from the Macs, and have allowed firewall access for specific ports and programs, disabled firewalls, everything I can think of in that regard.

Has anyone had a similar situation? I know FlexNet is used for many other software.

Please let me know anything else I can try. I have contacted our IT services, but they are generally very slow to respond.

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @PhumeleleSJose Issue would be related to hostname resolution in the client end Can you try to add the license server Hostname to the client  /etc/hosts and then give it a try? Also, I am sure you have set the env VENDOR_LICENSE_FILE or LM_LICENSE_FILE with port@hostname and the firewall port is open for lmrgd and VD.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @PhumeleleSJose Issue would be related to hostname resolution in the client end Can you try to add the license server Hostname to the client  /etc/hosts and then give it a try? Also, I am sure you have set the env VENDOR_LICENSE_FILE or LM_LICENSE_FILE with port@hostname and the firewall port is open for lmrgd and VD.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos