cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashish01
Level 5

FlexLM Error while running BasicExample.java _ Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: wrong pt compression format

I am getting an exception while running BasicExample.java provided in the installation kit. I have followed all the steps in FNP docs and created one dependent class VendorInfo.java using lm_code.h, lmpubkey.h and lmseeds.h. While running the program at method  lic.checkout(1); i am getting error as :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: wrong pt compression format
at com.certicom.ecc.spec.PointSpec.a(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.ecc.spec.PointSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.ecc.spec.ECPublicKeySpec.init(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.ecc.spec.ECPublicKeySpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.ecc.scheme.ECKeyFactory.transformToObject(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.ecc.jcae.ECKeyFactorySpi.engineGeneratePublic(Unknown Source)
at java.security.KeyFactory.generatePublic(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.lictext.PriKey.pubkeyVerify(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.lictext.LicenseElement.doAuthenticate(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.lictext.FeatureLine.authenticate(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.lictext.LicenseCertificate.authenticateList(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.lictext.LicenseCertificate.authenticate(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.lictext.LicenseGroup.validateCertificate(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.lictext.LicenseGroup.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.licsource.LicenseServer.getAuthenticated(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.licsource.LicenseServer.checkoutOK(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.licsource.LicenseServer.tryCheckout(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.licsource.LicenseServer.checkout(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.License.reconnect(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.License.checkout(Unknown Source)
at com.flexlm.BasicExample.main(BasicExample.java:62)

Pls help me to resolve this...

0 Kudos
(10) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ashish01 Can you please share more details about the FNP version and JAVA version which you are using now, also the steps to replicate the issue, this will help me to investigate further and come back with my more update. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi @mrathinam , thanks for the reply.

I am using FNP/Java 11.18.3.0 built Wed Nov 3 05:32:17 GMT 2021 and Java version is 1.8.0_301

Steps I followed: 

Step 1: created vendorInfo.java file using vendorInfo.dat file which requires lm_code.h, lmpubkey.h and lmseeds.h(I filled in all the vendor keys in lm_code.h)

Step 2: Added vendorInfo.java and ConnDataExample.java dependency to BasicExample.java which comes in FNP installation package with flexlm.jar,EccpressoAll.jar,flexlmutil.jar and flexlmmgmt.jar

Step 3: Created a license file gssl.lic with lmcrypt command. Also created gssl.exe using nmake command.

Step 4: Started the server using cmd : lmadmin -import demo\gssl.lic -force  and  lmadmin -adminOnly no -allowRemoteStopServer yes

I can see the server gets started when i go to http://localhost:8090

Step 5 : Run BasicExample.java in eclipse with argument f1 1.0 @localhost

At lic.checkout(1); i get following error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: wrong pt compression format

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ashish01 Its possible to share the license file? also give it a try with following 

java BasicExample f1 1.0

or 

java BasicExample f1 1.0  port@host

Also, let me know the Operating system details where you are trying to checkout and did you used TRL keys as well?.. 

Let me know the output. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi, 

I am getting the same exception when doing 

java BasicExample f1 1.0 or java BasicExample f1 1.0  port@host

My Operating System is Windows 10 64 bit. Yes i have used TRL keys in lm_code.h

BTW I am using 'i86_n3-11.18.3.1.1_v6' package to generate license file and exe file and Java FNP package version is '11.18.3.0'. Could this be the problem? Not sure.

Content of lic file as follows:

SERVER this_host ANY
VENDOR gssl demo/gssl
# counted licenses
FEATURE f1 gssl 1.0 permanent 1 VENDOR_STRING=one SIGN="03A0 A624 \
EA70 8CC7 0739 619D 0EDC 3A1E 2989 3711 FE02 3226 1BE9 8C31 \
2978 058F 797B 6058 AA4B 521F 1501"

Thanks

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ashish01 the FNP version is fine (11.18.3.1.1 only for log4j and 11.18.3.0 is the base version) however your vendor name is gssl so the file should gsslInfo.java instead of VendorInfo.java.

change this and rebuild it and see this fix the error.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Even after changing vendorInfo.java to gsslInfo.java (generated through vendorInfo.bat), I am getting the same exception 😞

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ashish01 all good, can you give me the classpath details, if all is correct then I would suggest you raise a support case, I need to replicate the issue and investigate further. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from JAVA_HOME, i have set no other classpath as environment variable. As i am using eclipse, I have added dependent jars in build path of project.

0 Kudos

Hi @mrathinam ,

I followed all the process from scratch, now I can run the BasicExample.java and can checkout the license.

Thanks

mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi, @ashish01 good to hear that, Thanks for your confirmation.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos