cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geschema
Level 3

Feature Is Locked To A Different Host (-9,3035)

Jump to solution

Based on a slightly modified version of the Java BasicExample, I'm trying out uncounted node-locked licensing.

I have run lmhostid on my machine, which outputs the following information:

The FlexNet host ID of this machine is ""54ee75d4bd7a f85971770e84""

I have then created a license file as follows:

INCREMENT airhdl demo 1.0 10-sep-2021 uncounted VENDOR_STRING="airhdl \
command line generator" HOSTID=54ee75d4bd7a SIGN=0

When running the Java application using this license file on the same machine, I'm getting the following error:

Feature Is Locked To A Different Host (-9,3035)

When setting  HOSTID=any in the license file, the application works fine.

What could be the reason for this?

Thanks,

Guy.

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @geschema  Thanks for creating the support case 02478426 this will be investigated further in the case. 

Best Regards,

Mani. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @geschema  Thanks for creating the support case 02478426 this will be investigated further in the case. 

Best Regards,

Mani. 

0 Kudos

What is the solution for this? I am also getting same message for node locked license...

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ashish01 I think this is my reply on the case: 

It is a limitation of Java that it is unable to read MAC addresses.
you can find under FlexNet Publisher 2021 R3 (11.18.2) Licensing for Java Programming Reference Guide you can find information located at the bottom of page 43 and page 44 regarding using Native HostId's that may help to fix this error.

If you are windows then you need to include lmgr11.dll and In the Java virtual machine’s $PATH environment variable, include the path to the folder containing lmgr11.dll. This is how the Java Virtual Machine locates code invoked through JNI
or UNIX liblmgr11.so and Set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH system environment variable to include the path to liblmgr11.so

--

"In the context of a license server, any hostid type can be used as long as it is supported by FlexNet Publisher Licensing Toolkit. However, for node-locked licenses, the application is responsible for determining the hostid of the system on which it is running. Since FlexNet Publisher Licensing Toolkit for Java is a pure-Java package, only a few hostid types are supported — those not requiring a platform-dependent Java implementation on which the application is running. Available hostids include:

• DEMO
• ANY
• HOSTNAME=host_name
• INTERNET=IPv4_address
• USER
• VM_UUID (used in virtualization environments only; requires that the FlexNet Licensing Service is installed.)"

Bear in mind using the hostid types ANY and DEMO in-licenses provides a security risk (as mentioned in the "Getting Started..." documentation). As it states, these types "specify the universal host, and as such, do not lock your product to a specific system, thus, allowing your product to run anywhere".

--

Hope this helps. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

@ashish01 adding to that you can use Vendor-Defined Hostids and it's well documented under Hostids under the bottom of page#42 in "FlexNet Publisher 2021 R1 (11.18.0) Licensing for Java Programming Reference Guide".
Best Regards.

0 Kudos