cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AppDeveloper
Level 2

Cannot seem to connect to vendor daemon on VM cloud server

Jump to solution

We are not able to use a hosted cloud server as the license server. Our product runs well locally on the server but not when accessing from another computer on another domain.

Server: Windows Server 2019

FlexNet Licensing (v11.19.1.0 build 285581 x64_n6) started on <FQDN> (IBM PC) (9/6/2023)

LMGRD Version: v11.19.1.0 build 285581 x64_n6 ( build 285581 (ipv6))

This is the error we get on clients:

Initialization of FlexLM failed: Cannot read data from license server system.
The license server system appears to be running, but is not
responding.  If this persists, notify the System Administrator.
(The license server manager (lmgrd) and vendor daemon processes
should be terminated and restarted.)
Hostname:      <hostname>.<domain>
License path:  27000@<hostname>.<domain>;
FlexNet Licensing error:-16,287

What has been tried:

* Opening traffic / allowing in firewall (Windows)

* Changing the port number for lmgrd and/or the daemon (port=27020 in license file)

* Telnet with ip/port, which works

* Checked that no other process is using the ports, and that those specified ports are actually used by the lmgrd/daemon processes

* Recreating the license file, restarting the service, rebooting the machine, etc.

This license server version runs on other computers within our domain. To test, we had to set the client to use VENDOR_LICENSE_FILE = port@ip, and then edit hosts to add the full domain name. Using the FQDN directly did not work.

Any ideas to get the server working?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

HI @AppDeveloper <VENDOR>_LICENSE_FILE = port@ip should be set in the client and then can you run the lmstat -a -c <license file> and give me the output? 

I hope both LMGRD and Vendor demon ports are open in the firewall. Also, check in the firewall and see both ports are open and seeing traffic. 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

HI @AppDeveloper <VENDOR>_LICENSE_FILE = port@ip should be set in the client and then can you run the lmstat -a -c <license file> and give me the output? 

I hope both LMGRD and Vendor demon ports are open in the firewall. Also, check in the firewall and see both ports are open and seeing traffic. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos