cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
odenbach
Level 3

Bug in lmgrd 11.12.0.0: IP reservation does not work

Hi,

I recently tried to upgrade our license servers to the current version 11.12.0.0. Since then IP reservations did not work anymore. After switching back to 11.11.0.0 everything worked fine again.

We use an option file to make reservations of specific features for specific host groups. The entries look like

HOST_GROUP sst \
131.234.124.133 \
131.234.124.134 \
131.234.124.135 \
[...]
RESERVE 3 Image_Toolbox HOST_GROUP sst

This worked fine until I upgraded lmgrd to the latest version 11.12.0.0 available from www.globes.com. Since this version requests from clients with an IP from the range above were denied a license if the available pool was empty:

16:49:16 (MLM) DENIED: "Image_Toolbox" almaegui@Alma-PC (Licensed number of users already reached. (-4,342))

As soon as I downgraded to 11.11.0.0 again it worked just as before:

17:10:32 (MLM) OUT: "Image_Toolbox" almaegui@Alma-PC

Can someone from flexerasoftware confirm this bug? I cannot file a bug as I am only an end user.

Thanks,

Christopher
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
raffie
Level 6

Hi Chris,
I could reproduce this problem with their latest version (11.12.0.2). I've reported it to flexera through their support channel.

-Eric
0 Kudos
odenbach
Level 3

Hi,

the bug was fixed in 11.12.1.2, but it is back again in 11.13.1.2. Could you please file it again against your support channel?

Thanks,

Christopher
0 Kudos
raffie
Level 6

Are you using NAT translation of your IP addresses when connecting to your server? If so you'll need to set the FNP_IP_ENV environment variable to 1 on the clients.
This will allow the server to recognize the correct IP address of the clients.
0 Kudos
odenbach
Level 3

raffie wrote:
Are you using NAT translation of your IP addresses when connecting to your server? If so you'll need to set the FNP_IP_ENV environment variable to 1 on the clients.
This will allow the server to recognize the correct IP address of the clients.

Hi,

no, there is no NAT involved here, just plain and direct IPv4.

It may be that the bug is only present in the linux version of lmgrd as I have seen it working on Windows.

Regards,

Christopher
0 Kudos