cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baudewijn_verm
Level 4

About support for Apple ARM macos

Hi;

what is the timeline or expectation about running Flexnet enabled applications on Apple ARM macos? Last week, Apple announced and provided development kits (beta os and equipment) to assist the transition.

0 Kudos
(8) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@baudewijn_verm , officially FNP toolkit only supports the available GA build and from the reports on web, Apple ARM macos GA availability ix expected by October 2020.

Although i will have this confirmed by the engineering team and get back to you.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Any update on this?

0 Kudos

@baudewijn_verm , post a discussion with engineering this seems to be an item on roadmap for 2021 releases (as of now). We (/engineering) is working out on further technical informations in this regards and should be ready with an official statement or date in near future.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Hello; it has been 1 month since the last communication in this forum here.
Is there updated information on this matter (Flexnet Publisher for macOS on Apple Silicon) please ?
We need to be ready with our products, when Apple release and sells the new hardware.

0 Kudos

@baudewijn_verm , this is an action item for 2021 release (most probably R2/R3). For year 2020, engineering will not be entertaining any ARM kits for Apple OS.

@aparashar1 , how can we get the update if Flexera decides to release a kit with ARM support?

0 Kudos

@jbforster , these details can be referred from product release notes. However, i can make note of this thread and respond back if and once kits are in production.

0 Kudos

This isn't really acceptable - a lack of compatible Flexera libraries will prevent us updating our applications to be universal. This should literally be a matter of recompiling the libraries, why does this take more than a year to do?

0 Kudos