Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmauro1
Level 3

Unclear permissions to create a global access API account

Hi,

This is for LLM and using CLS servers.

I'm trying to figure out how to create a user with global access so I can call the REST APIs, such as /api/1.0/authorize, or /api/1.0/instances/count

Could you point me to the documentation and where in the documentation that these permissions are described?

thank you,

Patrick

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @pmauro1 ,

The /authorize license server REST API endpoint utilizes a username and password for authentication.  It is not associated with user permissions.  Following successful authentication, the server instance returns a token that is used for authentication of the License Server management REST APIs.  The Producer can set a default password for the Producer User in the Producer Portal which will work for all CLS instances.  

CLSProducerPWD.jpg

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos

I'm interested in calling the non-CLS instance related REST APIs, in particular:
/api/1.0/instances so I can get a list of all the CLSes.

Are you able to tell me which users are able to call that API after authenticating at /api/1.0/authorize?

I get
{'arguments': ['uri=/GlobalLicensingService/api/1.0/authorize', 'producer', 'BadCredentialsException', 'Bad credentials'], 'key': 'glsErr.userAuthFailed', 'message': 'Authorization attempt at ' 'uri=/GlobalLicensingService/api/1.0/authorize failed for user ' 'producer (error BadCredentialsException(Bad credentials))'}

and have tried various user accounts and the producer account.

It's not been clear to me from the documentation how I set up or identify the "operator" user that can call the global APIs.

Thanks,
Patrick

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @pmauro1 ,

I'd recommend submitting a support ticket so someone can work with you directly.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos