cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psingh
Level 3

Trial or evaluation licenses

Hi

I am using the old license key file based licensing instead of trusted storage. Is there a clean solution using the old license key file method where we can provide users with trial or evaluation licenses:
1. either built into the product
2. or be able to go to a website and download a 30-day license key by email after registering themselves as a user.

For #2, I do not want to write my own infrastructure if there is a FLEX product which already does that.

I apologize if this is not the right forum for FLEXNET trial license questions.

-Pawan
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
sravuri
Level 3

We support ways to generate trial licenses, by setting up an entitlement for a large number of copies with a limited duration expiration terms. Then, each customer can login to the portal and use this activationId to generate a trial license.
Please contact technical support for more detailed information.
0 Kudos
psingh
Level 3

What about building the 30-day trial license into the product without needing a server or a key file which is tied to the machine on which software is installed?
0 Kudos
sravuri
Level 3

With certificate licensing, you can only generate a license with host type as ANY so that the trial license can be used on any machine. You cannot bundle a generic license with the product and tie it to a host at installation time.
0 Kudos
psingh
Level 3

I think I am confused here with the terminology.

1. Do I need trusted-storage based solution to provide built-into the product trial licensing?
2. Can I do #1 with older "key" file based licensing?

-Pawan
0 Kudos
sravuri
Level 3

I am sorry for the confusion.
Yes, you will Trusted storage licensing to include the trial license in the product.
0 Kudos