Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexBentley
Level 2

How to use UserAcctHierarchy Service

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've been trying to build an application that uses web services to create a user in Flexera. I'm doing this in C# .NET and have used the guide in the "Web Services Integration" document to generate proxy classes from the EntitlementOrder Service wdsl, which went fine. I've tried out a few calls with different methods and am getting the results I expect.

The documentation seems to point towards the UserAcctHierarchy service to deal with user operations. Navigating to the URL that I believe is correct (/flexnet/services/UserAcctHierarchyService?wsdl) produces a wsdl that doesn't seem to have any objects or methods in, so I'm not really sure where to go from here. The documentation says there used to be a UserOrgHierachyService which does have a wsdl that contains the stuff I'd expect it to, but it also says that as of FNO 2017 R1 it is no longer used.

Can someone advise me on where to go from here?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Hi @AlexBentley ,

Correct the /flexnet/services/v3/UserAcctHierarchyService?wsdl is the one you will want to use.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
AlexBentley
Level 2
Just to follow up, I saw on the /flexnet/services page that there is a v2 and v3 of this service that do seem to have the wsdl populated as with the rest, so I'm ploughing ahead with trying to get that working instead.

Hopefully this post is useful for anyone going through the same problem solving process though!
0 Kudos

Hi @AlexBentley ,

Correct the /flexnet/services/v3/UserAcctHierarchyService?wsdl is the one you will want to use.

0 Kudos