Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toonboom_jay
Level 2

Cannot return license with SOAP API

Jump to solution

Hello

I'm having issues implementing the returnLicense call from the LicenseService service.

After activating a key, I'm retrieving the fulfillment ID from the getFulfillmentHistory call (which shows action ACTIVATED and fulfillmentSource Online) and adding it to the request body using primaryKeys->fulfillmentId as identifier (I've tried with uniqueId as well, same result).

The response is always "9000:No data records were found" despite the fulfillment being visible in the FNO UI and the API. If I add the field forceReturnOfThisTrustedFulfillment it sort of works, but the new state of the fulfillment is REINSTALLED as opposed to the expected RETURN.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here and how I can implement the returnLicense call to set the state to RETURN. Thanks

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @toonboom_jay The use of returnLicenseRequest web service - is for only Certificate fulfilment, you can see in the below image the certificate license fulfilment can be returned and the fulfiled history is also recorded as "Returned" when forceReturnOfThisTrustedFulfillment set to false

return.JPG

However you are trying to return the Trusted storage fulfilment, for that you have to use "http://flex<XXXX>.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/services/ActivationService" from the client machine, when the license is returned from the client machine using the ActivationService then the Trusted storage files will be cleared in the client machine and the fulfilment also returned from the FNO.

When forceReturnOfThisTrustedFulfillment is set to true would help to return the TS license from the FNO side only which will not clear the TS files from the actual client that is why we are seeing " REINSTALLED".

This is expected behaviour as it was not returned from the client, for the client the license is still active. Hope this answers your query. 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @toonboom_jay The use of returnLicenseRequest web service - is for only Certificate fulfilment, you can see in the below image the certificate license fulfilment can be returned and the fulfiled history is also recorded as "Returned" when forceReturnOfThisTrustedFulfillment set to false

return.JPG

However you are trying to return the Trusted storage fulfilment, for that you have to use "http://flex<XXXX>.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/services/ActivationService" from the client machine, when the license is returned from the client machine using the ActivationService then the Trusted storage files will be cleared in the client machine and the fulfilment also returned from the FNO.

When forceReturnOfThisTrustedFulfillment is set to true would help to return the TS license from the FNO side only which will not clear the TS files from the actual client that is why we are seeing " REINSTALLED".

This is expected behaviour as it was not returned from the client, for the client the license is still active. Hope this answers your query. 

Best Regards,

Thank you ! This explains it

0 Kudos