cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_radulovic
Level 3

What is the procedure to change the local license server HostId?

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I know how to set the HostId for LLS, but if I change it from ethernet type to VM_UUD or the other way around, when LLS already received some licenses, capability request fails with some error. I can only assume that I'm not doing something right. So, to clarify, this is what I'm doing:

- Start the license server with ETHERNET type ID

- Issue capability request to it and receive license features. Fine.

- Stop the license server, change the id to VM_UUID and start it up again.

- Issue capability request. Fails! And not because I don't have the device on FNO for new ID. I do.

Many thanks,

Milisav

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @m_radulovic ,

You are essentially adding a new license server when you change the server hostID.  I would recommend the following steps:

1. Shut down the server and then obsolete the original server in FlexNet Operations (Edit / Make Obsolete when viewing the Server Details).  This will remove the server with the original hostID from FNO and return all activated licenses back to to their Entitlements.
  2. Delete the server trusted storage files.  For example, if using the server on Windows in console mode these files will be stored in C:\Users\user_name\flexnetls.    
  3. Specify your new Server hostID (flexnetls.settings for Windows).
  4. Start up the license server and then activate with the desired Activation IDs.

Thanks,

Jim

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @m_radulovic ,

You are essentially adding a new license server when you change the server hostID.  I would recommend the following steps:

1. Shut down the server and then obsolete the original server in FlexNet Operations (Edit / Make Obsolete when viewing the Server Details).  This will remove the server with the original hostID from FNO and return all activated licenses back to to their Entitlements.
  2. Delete the server trusted storage files.  For example, if using the server on Windows in console mode these files will be stored in C:\Users\user_name\flexnetls.    
  3. Specify your new Server hostID (flexnetls.settings for Windows).
  4. Start up the license server and then activate with the desired Activation IDs.

Thanks,

Jim

Thank you, Jim. Through experimentation we found that deleting trusted storage works. I was wondering if there is maybe some REST call that client can make or some setting on license server that would make this possible without deleting trusted storage. But if there is no other way, that's fine. We can work with that.

Thanks again,

Milisav

0 Kudos