Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ravikiran
Level 5

Re: .NET Core support for the FlexNet licensing libraries

Jump to solution

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I am building a  web api in .NET core and using the FlexNet embedded licensing libraries provided belong to the 'FlexNet Embedded Windows .NET XT x86-64 platform (2020.07) version.

The application is working will on windows as expected.

I have published the app to Linux.

But its failing in Linux (suse). When I debug its failing exactly at below location and throwing     System.NullReferenceException

Its unable to get the licensingFactory object.

using (licensing = LicensingFactory.GetLicensing(

IdentityClient.IdentityData,

strPath,

"1234567890"))

hence I got the doubt, whether Flexnet supports .NET core or not ?

Please let me know  if you and anyone encountered similar issue.

Regards,

RaviKiran

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

The issue got resolved, after placing the DLL 'FlxCore64.dll' in the directory where project executable is present.

But the issue is still exists on Linux. Getting below error on linux

["Unable to load shared library 'libFlxCore64.so.2020.07' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: liblibFlxCore64.so.2020.07: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"]

Could you please let me know how to get the library ''libFlxCore64.so.2020.0' . This does not exist in the .NET COre libraries shared by Flexnet embedded.

Regards,

RaviKiran

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Ravikiran 

There is a separate FlexNet Embedded SDK for .NET Core support.  The current version is FlexNet Embedded .NET Core XT platform (2020.07).   If you do not have access to this platform please contact your Revenera Account Manager.

Thx,

Hi @jberthold,

Thanks for the quick help. Now I got the access to .NET Core SDK.

in the SDK, there are two separate  nuget packages, one for windows and another for Linux.

I have built the application on windows installing the nuget package 'Flexera.FlxLicensingClient.core.2020.7.0.nupkg' provided under windows.

The application is built successfully. But when I run the application it is still looking for 'FlxCore64.dll , please find below error.

["Unable to load DLL 'FlxCore64' or one of its dependencies: The specified module could not be found. (0x8007007E)"]

Regards,

RaviKiran

0 Kudos

The issue got resolved, after placing the DLL 'FlxCore64.dll' in the directory where project executable is present.

But the issue is still exists on Linux. Getting below error on linux

["Unable to load shared library 'libFlxCore64.so.2020.07' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: liblibFlxCore64.so.2020.07: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"]

Could you please let me know how to get the library ''libFlxCore64.so.2020.0' . This does not exist in the .NET COre libraries shared by Flexnet embedded.

Regards,

RaviKiran

0 Kudos

Hi @jberthold  

I found the solution. I found the required libFlxCore64.so.2020.07 library in the .nuget package provided by the .NET Core SDK flexnet_client-xt-dotnet_core-2020.07.0

Thanks for the quick reply,

Regards,

RaviKiran

0 Kudos