Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanushree
Level 5

Is there any API to download license response file

Jump to solution

Hi Team, 

Would like to know is there any API to download license response file.

Thanks and Regards,

Tanushree Chauhan

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Tanushree ,

Please remove the line in your request with the "cid:1215..."  it does get populated by default from the wsdl but it is not required.  Removing that line should get rid of the corrupted history message.  

In any case, you actually did get the response file back!  The capability response is returned in the "addonLicense" field.  Save the contents of this field to a *.bin file.  To verify you can view the contents of this response .bin file using the printbin utility from the /tools folder in the FNE SDK.  

Here's my example:

response.bin: 

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

flexnet_client-xt-dotnet-x64_windows-2020.10.0\bin\tools> .\printbin.bat .\response.bin

MessageType="Capability response"
ServerIDType=String
ServerID=BACK_OFFICE
SourceIds=BACK_OFFICE
Lifetime=86400
ResponseTime="May 11, 2021 9:19:00 AM"
LastResponseTimeMilliseconds=0
RequestHostID=ACME-DEV-1234
RequestHostIDType=String
MachineType=Virtual
EnterpriseID=2635507
License=(Name=F1 Vendor=fnedemo Version=1.0 Expires=22-sep-2021 Count=2
HostID=ACME-DEV-1234 Issued=11-may-2021 Start=22-sep-2020
VendorString=2138-7fee-b50b-4e13-94c9-c806-6733-58f3 Notice=ACME_Customer
Issuer="ACME Software")
License=(Name=F2 Vendor=fnedemo Version=1.0 Expires=22-sep-2021 Count=2
Issuer="ACME Software")

Best regards,

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(7) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Tanushree ,

Are you looking to obtain a device capability response from FlexNet Operations within a licensed product or from a Back Office system? 

If from a Producer Back Office system you can use the generateCapabilityResponse Web Service from the ManageDeviceService wsdl (current version is v4).  If you wish to get the capability response using the FNE SDK you can send an "empty" capability request to FNO without specifying an Activation ID/Qty.   

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your quick response.

As per your suggestion, I tried the WebService, but getting partial failure (Attached Request/Response screenshots)

Could you please guide.

Also, what does generatePrebuiltLicense WebService does? and does it work on addOn Line Items ?

Thanks and Regards,

Tanushree Chauhan

@sunilbond 

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Tanushree ,

Please remove the line in your request with the "cid:1215..."  it does get populated by default from the wsdl but it is not required.  Removing that line should get rid of the corrupted history message.  

In any case, you actually did get the response file back!  The capability response is returned in the "addonLicense" field.  Save the contents of this field to a *.bin file.  To verify you can view the contents of this response .bin file using the printbin utility from the /tools folder in the FNE SDK.  

Here's my example:

response.bin: 

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

flexnet_client-xt-dotnet-x64_windows-2020.10.0\bin\tools> .\printbin.bat .\response.bin

MessageType="Capability response"
ServerIDType=String
ServerID=BACK_OFFICE
SourceIds=BACK_OFFICE
Lifetime=86400
ResponseTime="May 11, 2021 9:19:00 AM"
LastResponseTimeMilliseconds=0
RequestHostID=ACME-DEV-1234
RequestHostIDType=String
MachineType=Virtual
EnterpriseID=2635507
License=(Name=F1 Vendor=fnedemo Version=1.0 Expires=22-sep-2021 Count=2
Issuer="ACME Software")
License=(Name=F2 Vendor=fnedemo Version=1.0 Expires=22-sep-2021 Count=2
Issuer="ACME Software")

Best regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Tanushree ,

I realize I didn't answer your other question regarding the generatePrebuiltLicense  Web Service.   You can add a "Pre-Installed" License to a Device Model or to individual Devices.  This can be thought of as built-in features.  A license file is then generated to load these pre-built features on a device.  Any additional features are add-ons that need to be activated.   The referenced Web Service generates this pre-built license file.  In my experience this capability is rarely used.

Thx,

Jim

0 Kudos

Hi Jim, 

I tried as per the suggestion and I'm no longer getting the corrupted history error message and also able to view the contents (using the utility).

But still  the response status which I am getting is "Partial Failure" with <reason>FNOError_9999:Invalid Count</reason>

So, is there any document which can help with some error codes related to these services.

The request I send is:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:urn="urn:v4.fne.webservices.operations.flexnet.com">
<soapenv:Header/>
<soapenv:Body>
<urn:generateCapabilityResponseRequest>
<!--Zero or more repetitions:-->
<urn:device>
<urn:deviceIdentifier>
<urn:deviceType>CLIENT</urn:deviceType>
<urn:deviceId>TanushreePythonBDD</urn:deviceId>
<urn:deviceIdType>STRING</urn:deviceIdType>
<urn:publisherName>GEDIGIT</urn:publisherName>
</urn:deviceIdentifier>
<urn:lineItem>
<urn:lineItemIdentifier>
</urn:lineItemIdentifier>
</urn:lineItem>
</urn:device>
</urn:generateCapabilityResponseRequest>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

And the Response I got:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<soapenv:Body>
<generateCapabilityResponseResponse xmlns="urn:v4.fne.webservices.operations.flexnet.com">
<statusInfo>
<status>PARTIAL_FAILURE</status>
</statusInfo>
<failedData>
<failedDevice>
<deviceIdentifier>
<deviceType>CLIENT</deviceType>
<deviceId>TanushreePythonBDD</deviceId>
<deviceIdType>STRING</deviceIdType>
<publisherName>GEDIGIT</publisherName>
</deviceIdentifier>
<reason>FNOError_9999:Invalid Count</reason>
</failedDevice>
</failedData>
<responseData>
<device>
<deviceIdentifier>
<deviceType>CLIENT</deviceType>
<deviceId>TanushreePythonBDD</deviceId>
<deviceIdType>STRING</deviceIdType>
<publisherName>GEDIGIT</publisherName>
</deviceIdentifier>
<addonLicense>AAA.....</addonLicense> // removed it to shorten the message
<bufferLicense>false</bufferLicense>
</device>
</responseData>
</generateCapabilityResponseResponse>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Thanks and Regards,

Tanushree Chauhan

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Tanushree ,

I see you removed the activationID and count that you had in your previous example, however you kept the tags for the line item identifiers in the request:

<urn:lineItem>
<urn:lineItemIdentifier>
</urn:lineItemIdentifier>
</urn:lineItem>

Please delete these from your request and you should be all set.

Thx,

Jim

0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the correction.

Able to get the Successful response.

Thanks and Regards,

Tanushree Chauhan

0 Kudos