cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanushree
Level 5

In case of incremental request, how does feature acquisition takes place when we have a mix of features with/without selector dictionary.

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I have few licenses which have selectors dictionary available and rest do not have.

So, when I am trying to acquire a non selector dictionary feature post acquiring a selector dictionary feature or vice versa,  then it throws error that "FEATURE_REJECTED_BY_CHECKOUT_FILTER".  

So is this the expected behavior? 

Do we need to have the same selector dictionary added for all the features when going for incremental request?

Thanks and Regards,

Tanushree Chauhan

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Tanushree ,

As it turns out this is expected behavior.  When performing an incremental request you are actually re-requesting any features that you currently have in trusted storage.  If your incremental request specifies feature selectors and the feature(s) on the server are not using feature selectors or if the features selectors do not match then the request will be denied.       

Thanks,

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(8) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Tanushree ,

So as I understand it you have a mix of features on an FNE license server, some with and some without feature selectors present in the vendor string.

Are you requesting these features individually with the incremental flag enabled?   When you specify the feature selector in the selector dictionary it will be used for all features in the request.  If you have a feature on a server that does not have a feature selector enabled and you try to request that feature with the selector dictionary populated then the request will fail with the error you referenced since the selector dictionary (populated) does not match the feature selector (empty) of the desired feature. 

Best regards,

Jim

0 Kudos

Hi @jberthold ,

Yes, I am requesting the features individually with incremental flag true.

So is it that still I will be getting the error.

Thanks and Regards,

Tanushree Chauhan

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

HI @Tanushree ,

If you are requesting the features individually then you should be ok as long as you do not have the selector dictionary populated when requesting features on the server that do not have feature selectors enabled.  

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos

Hi @jberthold 

Even though I am requesting the features individually, since it is an incremental request,
So if first I go for a feature with no selectors
and then next I go for a feature with some selector,
what is happening is, the second feature gets acquired, but the count of the first feature gets reduced to 0 and in the error info its mentioned that filter checkout failed for feature1

So is this the expected behavior?
Or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks and Regards,
Tanushree Chauhan

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Tanushree ,

Thanks, the incremental request does work if you request the feature containing the feature selector first, which is what I initially tried.  I did confirm what you saw when performing the incremental request with the feature selector specified second.  I'm not sure if this is expected undocumented behavior or a bug.  If you would kindly create a ticket so that it can be linked to your account it would be appreciated.

Thx,

Jim

jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Tanushree ,

As it turns out this is expected behavior.  When performing an incremental request you are actually re-requesting any features that you currently have in trusted storage.  If your incremental request specifies feature selectors and the feature(s) on the server are not using feature selectors or if the features selectors do not match then the request will be denied.       

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos

Hi @jberthold,

I'm having a similar setup.

So there is currently no way to check out one feature with feature selector and one feature without feature selector simultaneously? Or generally, every new request removes the old ones, without an option to combine them (incremental request cannot do it as already confirmed above)?

Is there any other way that I missed which would allow checking out features with and without feature selector in one request?

Is there an option to request a feature with "optional" feature selector, where I would get a feature with this feature selector if it's available or a feature with any other feature selector if the requested one is not available? This way I could programatically check if the license is valid or not.

I assume my setup could work if I use two different HostIDs with two separated trusted storage locations and then check out a feature without feature selector with one HostID in one trusted storage, and the feature with feature selector with another HostID and another trusted storage, but it doesn't look like a nice solution.

0 Kudos

Hi @GudelAG_NS ,

Correct, you cannot simultaneously request one feature without a feature selector populated and another feature with a feature selector populated. 

fs.jpg

Best regards,

Jim

0 Kudos