cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

stranded FLEXnet session preventing me from obtaining license

I am unable to obtain a license to do my DOORS work. Support people say that I've got a session already established which is causing the error. They can't help me until tomorrow. Is there anything that I do to kill the orphaned session? My options are limited as I don't have Admin rights on the CITRIX server nor do I have DOORS admin rights (if any of that makes a difference). Here is the scenario that I'm running into:

When I try to log into DOORS, which is running on a CITRIX server, I get the following pop-up text:

FLEXnet License Finder

Your application was not able to obtain a license
because the FLEXnet license server manager
could not determine where to find the licensing
data it needs. Please choose one of the
following:
O Specify the License Server System
O Specify the License File

I cancel this pop-up and another pop-up occurs:

License Error: Cannot connect to license server system.
The license server manager [lmgrd] has not been started yet,
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Feature: DOORS
Server name: 151.110.230.86
License path: 19353@doorssvr.{our server here};
FLEXnet Licensing error:-15.10. System Error: 10061 "WinSock: Connection refused"
For further information. refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation.
available at "www.macrovision.com".

I'm using IBM Rational DOORS v9.2.

I was logged into DOORS (running on a CITRX server) last night and forgot to log out. I forgot to log out which caused the stranded session.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Not applicable

Nevermind. I opened a ticket with our support center. The DOORS license daemon was down after a SCHEDULED server reboot and didn't bother to restart the daemon. Grrrrrrrr! :mad: My ticket was closed with this explanation:

RESOLUTION: Server was automatically rebooted Sunday morning at 3:00am eastern due to SMS patching deadline. DOORS license daemon is unable to restart automatically. Started and confirmed licenses are operational and available
0 Kudos