cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tigergrace
Level 6

software manager problem

Hello all,

I had a problem when I released my product with software manager.
1. when I click check for update shortcut, it will display my update in software manager, but when the schedule update time at 10 am coming, I click the show more update link in update dialog, the software manage can no display my update massage. I do not know why?

2. In flexNet connect, when I select the web page in "how did you package your update files", the software can not display the size of the package, and the install and download only button are disabled, so does someone know the reason? thanks for you help in advance.

grace,
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I totally understand the specific issues you're seeing. Generally, the only way that the "Install" and "Download Only" buttons should be disabled is when you have no updates selected out of the list of available updates. Otherwise, as far as why your updates no longer appear after going through the Settings panel in the Software Manager, could you elaborate on the type of updates you're looking at?

Perhaps you could even PM me the product code you're testing against and I can get a better idea of the issue you're seeing?
0 Kudos
tigergrace
Level 6

hello bryanwolf,

I am not sure about this. In flexNet connect, when I select the web page in "how did you package your update files", the software can not display the size of the package in software manager, and the install and download only button are disabled, because there is no check box for the update information. Maybe it is corrent, because we only point to a htm file, just like <> , so it can not evaluate the size of the package. but when I select the windows install type, it can display the size of the package, and I was also able to check the check box and then the install and download only button are actived, because i need to give a .msi or setup.exe file directory in download url . But in fact we use the web page to pack our install package.

What do you think?
grace
0 Kudos
Not applicable

That sounds like the expected behavior as far as I can tell. The configuration you're creating is what we refer to as a "Message", which is generally just material you're sending to your customers that isn't inclusive enough to download immediately. For example, it sounds like you're pointing your customers to a web page, so they would want to visit that page as opposed to downloading or installing what would end up being the page itself.

What is the expected behavior you're after?
0 Kudos