cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

patch for Windows 2003 Server

I am in the process of installing a software MYOB (Accounting software) and it seems that InstallShield is not able to install due to the version of Windows.

I have been told by the software vendor MYOB that there was a patch available no the installshield web site that could be installed so that it would install anyway.

If you have heard about that one, I would be very interested.

Cheers

Pascal
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Arpe
Level 3

Pascal,

The patch your software vendor is speaking of is for our software and wouldn't be something that you can apply to your machine. Your software vendor would have to apply the patch and distribute the new version of the installation. What happens to the InstallShield installation run on the Windows 2003 server? Is there an error or message displayed? Thank you.

Sincerely,

Arpe
InstallShield Technical Support
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Well, I can only rely on what I have been told by the support of MYOB (software vendor).

They literally told me that one of their customer call their support for the same issue which is a message telling me that only "Windows 2000, Windows 98, windows XP etc... are supported" and that my OS is not in the list.

There is no error as such or crash.

So I don't know whether this is a special patch that makes one of your function GetOS...() to believe that this is another OS running. No Idea to be honest, I thought the answer was quite OK.

I guess unless you would be aware of any sort of twicky patch like this. I will have to contact them again and ask whether they have more information on that ghost patch 😉

Regards

Pascal
0 Kudos
Arpe
Level 3

Pascal,

I apologize for any inconveniences this might cause, however this message is not an InstallShield message. It is most likely a custom message created by the setup author (your software vendor). The setup would have to be modified to check for and allow Windows 2003 server as a target OS. You would have to install a patch or update that includes these changes made by your software vendor in order to install on the unsupported OS. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Arpe
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Doesn't matter, but it seems that you are somehow missing the point of my request.

I fully understand what you are saying.
I understand that this message has been put there by the MYOB developer team.

BUT it appears to be a way of patching Install shield.
AND it appears that that particular patch is available on your web site. Otherwise why would a user said so to MYOB ???
NOW obviously you are not aware of it.

Thanks for your help and have a nice day.

Regards

Pascal
0 Kudos
Arpe
Level 3

Pascal,

The InstallShield patch that MYOB is referring to is for our product. This patch will not work for end users installing setups created with InstallShield. This patch is for software vendors that use our products to create installation packages. MYOB would have to download and install this patch, and rebuild their setup to support Windows 2003 Server. You would then have to run this new setup from MYOB that includes our patch. The patch will not work if applied directly by you. The patch will only work if you install a setup created by MYOB after they have applied the patch. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Arpe
0 Kudos