cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NealC804
Level 8

Where do we download the SDK4?

The ISUS site still shows 3.1 when I login. Where do I get the v4 SDK? I'm ready to update some of my apps and would like to distro the latest.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

We are currently completing the necessary load and stress tests for 4.0 and will be available soon.
0 Kudos
tony_malandain
Level 3

How does the upgrade work on the server side? On the client side?
Is there backward compatibility? Can the current V3.x users access the new V4 server (self-hosted or not)?
What are the changes between v3.x and v4.0?
How long will you be supporting the v3.x?

Thanks,
/Tony.
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Server-side will be an executable you can run which will upgrade your publisher site and notifications servers to 4.0 (also updates your database). The client side will be the same upgrade path as it always has been.

We've been heavily testing the v3.x clients against the v4.0 servers and can say that they're backwards compatible. We've also tested the 4.0 clients against 3.x servers. In short, you can rest easy on that front. :cool:

I'll leave the discussions about differences between 3.x and 4.0 to the product manager, though I'll say this: I run Linux on my laptop and have been using 4.0 on it for the whole development cycle. That's nothing compared to the other platforms I've run it on. (sorry, I can't specify the details because I don't want anyone to feel that a particular platform is officially supported when it isn't. However, with luck you'll see the fruits in expanded platform support with future releases.)

Lastly, there has been no discussion on dropping support for 3.x so I would honestly not worry about it. Our support folks tackle questions for older versions still, and I do not foresee that changing.

KellyF

tony_malandain wrote:
How does the upgrade work on the server side? On the client side?
Is there backward compatibility? Can the current V3.x users access the new V4 server (self-hosted or not)?
What are the changes between v3.x and v4.0?
How long will you be supporting the v3.x?

Thanks,
/Tony.
0 Kudos
garylarsen
Level 2

I am impacted by the the SXFFP bug that is listed as being resolved in the Update Service 4.0 ReadMe.

Do you expect the 4.0 SDK to be available soon?

When it is available, which Update components (if any) will I need to include in a patch to resolve this issue for my customers?

Thanks,
Gary
0 Kudos